[comp.unix.microport] Xenix Question

ken@gatech.edu (Ken Seefried iii) (08/12/88)

In article <95@jetson.UPMA.MD.US> john@jetson.UPMA.MD.US (John Owens) writes:
>In article <6643@conexch.UUCP>, enped@conexch.UUCP (Eric Pederson) writes:
>> We haven't had as much luck with SCO Xenix.  I think our troubles may be due
>> to poor SVID IPC support in the 2.1 Xenix for the 386.
>
>If you think this is true, then the 2.3 version will probably help.
>It's based on the AT&T 386 System V version (the same one all the
>386ix's are based on) merged with all the extra Xenix features, so it
>should support IPC and shared memory as well as the others.

okay, great...now you can tell us WHICH release of System V it is: 0, 1, 2 or 3?
Since you mention shared memory, I will assume you mean release 3, but i would
like to be sure.

	ken seefried iii	...!{akgua, allegra, amd, harpo, hplabs,
	ken@gatech.edu		inhp4, masscomp, rlgvax, sb1, uf-cgrl,
	ccastks@gitvm1.bitnet	unmvax, ut-ngp, ut-sally}!gatech!ken

	soon to be open: ...!gatech!spooge!ken (finally ;'})