[comp.unix.microport] 2400 internal

bill@zycor.UUCP (bill) (10/02/88)

I could use some hints on how to get getty running on a
Promethius 2400 internal modem. Specifically, the problem
seems to be that when you call it up, it seems to want
to execute "login CONNECT" (thinking that the modem's
connect message was the username). Also, I can't seem to
get the switching between 2400 and 1200 to work right.
I have done 1200-only modems in the past with no problem,
but this does not seem to work when I call the 2400 with
a 1200.

This is on V/AT 2.3 fyi.

Thanx
--
Bill Mahoney
bill@zycor.UUCP

eddy@sns.UUCP (Eddy Schmidt) (10/04/88)

In article <119@zycor.UUCP> bill@zycor.UUCP (bill) writes:
>I could use some hints on how to get getty running on a
>Promethius 2400 internal modem. Specifically, the problem
>seems to be that when you call it up, it seems to want
>to execute "login CONNECT" (thinking that the modem's
>connect message was the username).
=========================
You can set your Modem into silent mode, this can be do by
typing the command ATQ1
The command disables the sending of result codes, your modem
send no results in response to commands, equal its of user or
the modem itself (like CONNECT or CONNECT 2400).
This works fine on my system, think its the same at yours.
=========================
>Also, I can't seem to
>get the switching between 2400 and 1200 to work right.
>I have done 1200-only modems in the past with no problem,
>but this does not seem to work when I call the 2400 with
>a 1200.
==========================
The carrier frequency of both, 2400 and 1200 Bauds ist the
same, its 1200 Hz at transmit, and 2400 Hz at receive, its
no way to connect a 2400-Baud-Modem with a 1200-Baud-modem
using automatic speed detection on the 2400-side.
>This is on V/AT 2.3 fyi.
Its a problem of your modem, not your OS
Greets,						eddy

--
Eddy Schmidt		uucp: uunet!unido!sns!eddy  bix:eddi
Klingenstr.29		Mailbox sns: *49 711 484464 300/1200 Baud