[comp.unix.microport] f77 for sysV/386

carvalho@ernie.Berkeley.EDU (Marcio de Carvalho) (10/05/88)

	I need a FORTRAN compiler to run in my uport systemV/386.
I would like to know if anyone out there have any experience
with one. I would like to be able to link the object module
generated from fortran code with modules from C codes.
	I've called Borland about their greenhills and was
informed that they work fine together, but the information
received from microport was not the same...
	Do anyone have experience with any FORTRAN compiler that
generates 386 code?
	Thank you very much.

--Marcio

=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=--=
=                          Marcio de Carvalho                              =
=                                                         IEOR Department  =
= ...!ucbvax!ernie!carvalho          University of California at Berkeley  =

joel@intelisc.UUCP (Joel Clark) (10/06/88)

In article <26334@ucbvax.BERKELEY.EDU> carvalho@ernie.Berkeley.EDU (Marcio de Carvalho) writes:

>	I need a FORTRAN compiler to run in my uport systemV/386.
>I would like to know if anyone out there have any experience
>with one. I would like to be able to link the object module
>generated from fortran code with modules from C codes.
>	Thank you very much.
>
>--Marcio

We are using Green Hills Software   C-386 and Fortran-386.  These compilers
both use the same code generator.  The programs generated cooperate
very well.  Our system software and base library is written mostly in C.
We have written several Fortran libraries that call functions in the base
library or system software without any difficulty.  The Green Hills C code
is more optimized then ATT pcc code.  ( i.e. delay loops execute in 2/3 the
time ).  We are currently using Version 1.8.4

Joel Clark
Intel Scientific Computers			joel@intelisc.intel.com
(503) 629-7732