[comp.unix.microport] PD TCP/IP for Microport 386 v3.0e

DEBULA-R@osu-20.ircc.ohio-state.edu (debula) (10/28/88)

Does anyone out there know of a Public Domain version of TCP/IP which
works under Microport Sys V/386 v3.0e?  I am particularly interested in
acquiring a version known to work reliably (but given the price I might
settle for less).  Failing a PD version, does anyone know of an inexpensive
TCP/IP (other than Microport's, I already have heard about that).  Thanks
in advance for any help you may be able to give.

john@wa3wbu.UUCP (John Gayman) (10/28/88)

In article <12441832143017@osu-20.ircc.ohio-state.edu>, DEBULA-R@osu-20.ircc.ohio-state.edu (debula) writes:
> Does anyone out there know of a Public Domain version of TCP/IP which
> works under Microport Sys V/386 v3.0e?  I am particularly interested in

     KA9Q (Phil Karn) has a PD version of TCP/IP out which I know is
running on several Microport 386 installations as well as my Sys V/AT
installation. He has support for various driver cards as well as serial
ports and Slip. If your interested, drop me a line and I'll try and
point you in the direction of some sources.

					John

--
John Gayman, WA3WBU              |           UUCP: uunet!wa3wbu!john
1869 Valley Rd.                  |           ARPA: john@wa3wbu.uu.net

In article <656@wa3wbu.UUCP> john@wa3wbu.UUCP (John Gayman) writes:

	KA9Q (Phil Karn) has a PD version of TCP/IP out which I know is
   running on several Microport 386 installations as well as my Sys V/AT
   installation. He has support for various driver cards as well as serial
   ports and Slip. If your interested, drop me a line and I'll try and
   point you in the direction of some sources.

KA9Q is NOT PD.  It is freely copyable in the amateur and educational
domains, but not in the commercial or governmental domains.  There is
support for serial ports running AX.25, KISS, and SLIP for all the
machines that KA9Q runs on (Amiga, Mac, BSD, SYSV, and IBM-PC).  The
only support for Ethernet cards is under MS-LOSS.  I am working on
a Microport Unix device driver for the 3c501 on a part time basis.
Some day I'll finish it...
--
--russ (nelson@clutx [.bitnet | .clarkson.edu])
To surrender is to remain in the hands of barbarians for the rest of my life.