[comp.unix.microport] Need recommendations for a dumb, low cost, 4 port board.

stever@tree.UUCP (Steve Rudek) (11/13/88)

could add anywhere from 2 to 6 com ports to Microport V/AT 2.4 system?
I'm tired of buying things and finding out the hard way that they won't
work with unix.  Buying Digiboard may be safest but I'll settle for "good
enough."

rolfe@w3vh.UU.NET (Rolfe Tessem) (11/14/88)

In article <135@tree.UUCP>, stever@tree.UUCP (Steve Rudek) writes:
> could add anywhere from 2 to 6 com ports to Microport V/AT 2.4 system?
> I'm tired of buying things and finding out the hard way that they won't
> work with unix.  Buying Digiboard may be safest but I'll settle for "good
> enough."

I think there are a lot of people reading this newgroup that
would like this information.  I'd like to add a tape drive
*and* a multiport serial card to my uport V/AT 2.3 (or 2.4)
system.  There are reports of problems with the Digiboard
when used with modems rather than terminals, and there are
problems, I hear, with trying to use the Digiboard driver
simultaneously with the tape drive driver installed.

Could John Plocher or someone else from Microport *please*
clarify what vendor's cards are *known* to work in this
configuration?  Inquiring minds want to know...
--
UUCP:         uunet!w3vh!rolfe 			| Rolfe Tessem
INTERNET:     rolfe@w3vh.uu.net			| P.O. Box 793