[comp.unix.microport] New top-level news distribution proposal

rja@edison.GE.COM (rja) (11/18/88)

In article <340@cocktrice.UUCP>, mdm@cocktrice.UUCP (Mike Mitchell) writes:
> There is a distribution for the unix-pc; how well would a news distribution
> for uport-pc be looked upon by participating people? Something like this could
> be handled the way the alt and pubnet groups are handled...

We need another top-level newsgroup about like we need Internet worms.

I opposed the recent creation of u3b.* for AT&T 3Bx machines even though
I am on that mailing list.  This newsgroup can be used just fine and if
traffic eventually warrants it can be split by cpu (my favorite idea),
or some other means just as the comp.sys.mac subgroups have appeared
within the last year.   The quoted above is a bad idea.
         rja@edison.GE.COM      or      ...uunet!virginia!edison!rja
     via Internet (preferable)          via uucp  (if you must)