[comp.unix.microport] Sys V.3 bugs

zeeff@b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us (Jon Zeeff) (11/20/88)

In Microport Unix 3.0e, the system sometimes locks up completely.  This
is with two drives, an Adaptec RLL controller, and heavy disk and serial
port activity.  I suspect it's hanging in a device driver somewhere.

It also appears that the losing track of inodes bug is still there.  The
fixes have been posted to the net - can't they be added?

--
Jon Zeeff      		 	A month ago, I broke your system and
umix!b-tech!zeeff		modified your kernel.  Can you prove

bill@twwells.uucp (T. William Wells) (11/22/88)

In article <4939@b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us> zeeff@b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us (Jon Zeeff) writes:
: In Microport Unix 3.0e, the system sometimes locks up completely.  This
: is with two drives, an Adaptec RLL controller, and heavy disk and serial
: port activity.  I suspect it's hanging in a device driver somewhere.

I'm running a Zenith 386 with one Seagate drive. I, too, have been
having system hangups.  The hangs have, so far, occured only when the
system was idle.  This is an almost brand new system, so it might be
hardware, but...

---
Bill
{uunet|novavax}!proxftl!twwells!bill

bernd@pfm.UUCP (Bernd Hennig) (11/30/88)

In article <199@twwells.uucp> bill@twwells.UUCP (T. William Wells) writes:
>In article <4939@b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us> zeeff@b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us (Jon Zeeff) writes:
>: In Microport Unix 3.0e, the system sometimes locks up completely.  This
>: is with two drives, an Adaptec RLL controller, and heavy disk and serial
>: port activity.  I suspect it's hanging in a device driver somewhere.
>
>I'm running a Zenith 386 with one Seagate drive. I, too, have been
>having system hangups.

NO, i have the same problems with a ARCHE 386 fileserver (2MB), a maxtor
XT2190, a segate st251-1 and 2 ports with 2400 modems. Sometimes the system
will be DEAD, nothing works (keyb. ist dead etc.), the only chance to
activate the system is the reset-button. Sorry, I'm a newcomer on UNIX
(I have worked with Siemens BS2000 and IBM Systems..) but I dont think thats
a problem with the hardware.

If anyone can help me pse do this (and sry my english....)

--
Bernd Hennig                  uucp:  uunet!unido!sns!pfm!bernd
Oberer Moenchelenweg 2        PFM: *49 711 3700978 300/1200/2400 Bd 24h