[comp.unix.microport] Enix pricing

evan@telly.UUCP (Evan Leibovitch) (12/04/88)

There have been a number of postings mentioning pricing for this. With the
risk of sounding like an ad (I do not work for Everex, nor do I make a living
selling any of their stuff), here's the offical price list.

Media shipped on   2 user unlimited
----------------   ------ ---------
5-inch floppies     $299    $499
1/4-inch tape       $339    $539
3.5-inch floppies   $449    $699

The above comes with 'basic' documentation (release notes, hardware specifics,
etc.) For $300 more they will sell you 'complete' documentation (ie. the full
Prentice Hall set in Enix binders).

This DOES include the development system, Korn shell, TCP/IP support in the
kernel, X11, RFS, and many BSD utilities. The only option mentioned in the
literature is SCSI support. The present release is 3.2, which claims to run
Xenix binaries.

I just want to know if they deliver all that they promise for the money!
--
Evan Leibovitch, SA of System Telly                   "I am most concerned that
Located in beautiful Brampton, Ontario, Canada          nobody will remember me

leech@tlab1.cs.unc.edu (Jonathan Leech) (12/05/88)

In article <429@telly.UUCP> evan@telly.UUCP (Evan Leibovitch) writes:
>here's the <Everex> offical price list.
>Media shipped on   2 user unlimited
>5-inch floppies     $299    $499
>3.5-inch floppies   $449    $699

    Is there any difference in the contents of the 5" and 3.5"
floppies? A $150-$200 price differential for media seems just a tad
excessive.

--
    Jon Leech (leech@cs.unc.edu)    __@/
    ``Thus Mathematics helps / our brains and hands and feet