[comp.unix.microport] GNU Emacs on the SYSV/Xenix merge

rgr@m10ux.UUCP (Duke Robillard) (12/29/88)

I've been trying to get GNU Emacs to compile on our new
AT&T 6386, here.  It's running V.3.2, which is (I think)
the Xenix/SYSV merger.  I'm having a termio problem.
It appears that TIOCGETC is defined in my termio.h,
and that this makes trouble, because in sysdep.c, it
means something is defined as struct tchars, a struct
that I can't find.

Does anyone know what's up?

Thanks a lot.
--
|  Duke Robillard                  |                                     |
|  ARPA:     rgr@m10ux.att.com     |  UUCP:     {backbone!}att!m10ux!rgr |

In article <803@m10ux.UUCP> rgr@m10ux.UUCP (Duke Robillard) writes:
>I've been trying to get GNU Emacs to compile on our new
>AT&T 6386, here.  It's running V.3.2, which is (I think)
>the Xenix/SYSV merger.  I'm having a termio problem.
>It appears that TIOCGETC is defined in my termio.h,
>and that this makes trouble, because in sysdep.c, it
>means something is defined as struct tchars, a struct
>that I can't find.

>Does anyone know what's up?

As a quick hack to make it work, go to about line 125 in sysdep.c.
There should be something like:
#ifdef XENIX
#undef TIOCGETC
#endif

Make sure that #undef happens and also add
#undef TIOCGWINSZ

I suppose the correct thing here would be to #define XENIXCOMPAT
in your m-att386.h file and put matching ifdefs in sysdep.c.
Has anyone tried running a Xenix-compiled binary under SysVr3.2
or vice-versa?

Les Mikesell