[comp.unix.microport] gcc version

staffan@log-hb.se (Staffan K-E Eriksson) (01/02/89)

I have seen articles about the Gnu C-compiler running under Microport/386 Unix.
From what version of GCC is this 386-backend present ?
Which is the latest GCC version available?

-- Staffan Eriksson
   TeleLOGIC AB
   SWEDEN

zeeff@b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us (Jon Zeeff) (01/03/89)

GNU gcc 1.32 seems to work fine on the '386.  I expect that all future
versions will also support the '386.

It's a nice compiler - I'd recommend it over cc or the Green Hills gcc.

--
  Jon Zeeff			zeeff@b-tech.ann-arbor.mi.us
  Support ISO 8859/1		zeeff%b-tech.uucp@umix.cc.umich.edu

dave@micropen (David F. Carlson) (01/04/89)

In article <6865@log-hb.se>, staffan@log-hb.se (Staffan K-E Eriksson) writes:
> I have seen articles about the Gnu C-compiler running under Microport/386 Unix
> From what version of GCC is this 386-backend present ?
> Which is the latest GCC version available?
> -- Staffan Eriksson  TeleLOGIC AB  SWEDEN

Kind of silly but Stallman picked a bad name for GNU-CC as the GCC referenced
here is Greenhills CC.  Greenhills has been making highly optimizing compilers
for other machines for years.  Too bad the name space is so small that
duplication occurred so soon.

--
David F. Carlson, Micropen, Inc.
micropen!dave@ee.rochester.edu

"The faster I go, the behinder I get." --Lewis Carroll