[comp.unix.microport] NEC P2200 driver for Microport UNIX 286

bagron@tjalk.cs.vu.nl (Rene Baart) (12/30/88)

Hello,

I am looking for a printer driver for my NEC P2200 printer
that I can use with Microport UNIX 286. Does anyone know if
it is available and if it is, where I can buy it and how much
it costs ???

I hope you can help me ! Thanx in advance,

Dick Groenhof
Free University of Amsterdam
The Netherlands

                                          Rene Baart
@@   @@  @@  @@  -----------------------------------------------------------
@@  @@  @@   @@  Department of Economics     Domain : bagron@cs.vu.nl
@@ @@  @@    @@  Vrije Universiteit          UUCP   : ..!mcvax!botter!bagron

debra@alice.UUCP (Paul De Bra) (01/01/89)

In article <1994@botter.cs.vu.nl> bagron@tjalk.cs.vu.nl (Rene Baart) writes:
>I am looking for a printer driver for my NEC P2200 printer
>that I can use with Microport UNIX 286. Does anyone know if
>it is available and if it is, where I can buy it and how much
>it costs ???

Hugh? For text there can be no problem I would think: it has either a
centronics compatible parallel port or an RS 232 port, for which Microport
has kernel drivers built in.

If you mean postprocessors for some kind of program you should mention for
which program... (Tex, troff, or what?)

Paul.
|debra@research.att.com   | uunet!research!debra     |

root@gsy1.UUCP (Scott Yates N4BBB) (01/02/89)

In article <1994@botter.cs.vu.nl>, bagron@tjalk.cs.vu.nl (Rene Baart) writes:
> I am looking for a printer driver for my NEC P2200 printer
> that I can use with Microport UNIX 286. Does anyone know if
> it is available and if it is, where I can buy it and how much
> it costs ???

I am using an NEC P2200 on a 286 machine with SCO 286 Xenix. The only adjustment
that I had to make was the selection of NL and CR Mapping. Otherwise, it
has worked flawlessly. I hope you enjoy the P2200 as much as I have.

--
Scott Yates, N4BBB    o    o    DOMAIN: gsy@gsy1.UUCP  ||  gsy@raider.UUCP
Yates Pest Control     \  /     UUCP: ...!{ames,rutgers}!killer!mjbtn!gsy1!gsy

bagron@tjalk.cs.vu.nl (Rene Baart) (01/03/89)

>If you mean postprocessors for some kind of program you should mention for
>which program... (Tex, troff, or what?)
>
>Paul.

Oops, sorry ! I am looking for Printerdrivers for TeX and especially
for troff for the NEC P2200. Indeed stupid of me not to mention it !

Are they available ???

Dick Groenhof
bagron@cs.vu.nl
                                          Rene Baart
@@  @@  @@   @@  Department of Economics     Domain : bagron@cs.vu.nl
@@ @@  @@    @@  Vrije Universiteit          UUCP   : ..!mcvax!botter!bagron

wilker@batcomputer.tn.cornell.edu (Clarence W. Wilkerson Jr.) (01/04/89)

I believe the command set for the P2200 includes the Epson escape
codes. This is based on hacking a DVI driver and glancing at both
manuals.