[comp.unix.microport] Berkeley UNIX on 386

allan@dhw68k.cts.com (Alan Perry) (01/11/89)

I am posting this here because it seems to be the place that 386 UNIXs are
discussed.

Is there any implementations of Berkeley UNIX for the 386?  How about any
plans to implement System VR4 on the 386?  Just asking.

--

alan perry     UUCP: {trwrb,hplabs}!felix!dhw68k!allan
               Internet: allan@dhw68k.cts.com

ken@gatech.edu (Ken Seefried iii) (01/13/89)

In article <18267@dhw68k.cts.com> allan@dhw68k.cts.com (Alan Perry) writes:
>I am posting this here because it seems to be the place that 386 UNIXs are
>discussed.
>
>Is there any implementations of Berkeley UNIX for the 386?  How about any
>plans to implement System VR4 on the 386?  Just asking.
>--
>alan perry     UUCP: {trwrb,hplabs}!felix!dhw68k!allan

Sun Microsystems SunOS (Berkeley 4.3) has been ported to the 80386
and is availible on the Sun 386i.  I have heard roumors that SunOS
also might run on the Compaq 386, though it seems unlikely that Sun
would release it for that purpose.

Intel and AT&T are porting System V release 4 to the 80386, though
I do not know when it will be released.

	ken seefried iii	...!{akgua, allegra, amd, harpo, hplabs,
	ken@gatech.edu		masscomp, rlgvax, sb1, uf-cgrl, unmvax,
	                     	ut-ngp, ut-sally}!gatech!ken

        "Children is more trouble than human beings!" -- Popeye the Sailor