[comp.unix.microport] 386/SX Chip upgrades?

abcscnge@csuna.UUCP (Scott "The Pseudo-Hacker" Neugroschl) (01/26/89)

I know Cheetah makes a plugboard with a 386 on it where the whole board
plugs into your 286 socket.  Two questions:

	1) My computer does not have a PGA (pin grid array) 286, but a PLCC
		(plastic leaded chip carrier).  Does Cheetah make the
		Adapter/386 for PLCC sockets?

	2) Does Cheetah make a 386SX card similar to the Adapter/386?  If
		so, then question 1 applies.

advaTHANKSnce

--
Scott "The Pseudo-Hacker" Neugroschl
UUCP:  ...!sm.unisys.com!csun!csuna!abcscnge

tim@cit-vax.Caltech.Edu (Timothy L. Kay) (01/28/89)

Scott "The Pseudo Hacker" Neugroschl writes:

>I know Cheetah makes a plugboard with a 386 on it where the whole board
>plugs into your 286 socket.  Two questions:

I just called them, and they said that they are no longer marketing that
product.  They had too many problems with it.

Tim