[comp.unix.microport] UNIX software for i386's and i286's

weyrich@csun1.UUCP (Orville Weyrich) (02/07/89)

Does anyone know of a publication similar to "The MENU Software Guides"
which list all the available software which is applicable to computers
running some flavor of UNIX (XENIX, ENIX, Microport, Interactive, etc.)
on machines using Intel 80286 and 80386 CPU's?

Failing the above, can anyone point me to third-party software for use
in medical settings? (hospitals, doctor's offices, nursing, etc.)?

Please mail responses and requests for posting, and I will summarize to
the net if there is general interest.  Thanks.

--
Orville R. Weyrich, Jr.          | UUCP    : ...gatech!csun1!weyrich
Department of Computer Science   | INTERNET: weyrich@csun1.cs.uga.edu

bickel@nprdc.arpa (Steven Bickel) (02/10/89)

In article <119@csun1.UUCP> weyrich@csun1.UUCP (Orville Weyrich) writes:
>Does anyone know of a publication similar to "The MENU Software Guides"
>which list all the available software which is applicable to computers
>running some flavor of UNIX (XENIX, ENIX, Microport, Interactive, etc.)
>on machines using Intel 80286 and 80386 CPU's?
>
>Failing the above, can anyone point me to third-party software for use
>in medical settings? (hospitals, doctor's offices, nursing, etc.)?

    Go to your local medical library and look in the Index Medicus (spelling)
    on the reference tables for the section on software.
    Write the authors of the referenced journal articles. They can be very
    helpful.

    I also have a copy of _The Blue Book_ which lists many software programs
    including several medical. I will mail you the address of the publisher
    if you would like - I don't have it with me.

Steve Bickel