[comp.unix.microport] Microport 386 keyboard strangeness

beattie@visenix.UUCP (Brian Beattie) (03/07/89)

I have just got Microport SysV/386 up and running on my
386 here and I have got a little strangeness with my keyboard.
I have a 101 key keyboard and the righthand Alt and Ctrl keys
are reversed.  Microport Tech has not seen this before.  Has
anyone else seen this?  If so do you have a fix?

Much Thanx
--
    _ANYONE_     | Brian Beattie          (703)471-7552
can sell software| 11525 Hickory Cluster, Reston, VA. 22090

henk@bebux.UUCP (Henk Dijkstra) (03/08/89)

In article <226@visenix.UUCP> beattie@visenix.UUCP (Brian Beattie) writes:
>I have just got Microport SysV/386 up and running on my
>386 here and I have got a little strangeness with my keyboard.
>I have a 101 key keyboard and the righthand Alt and Ctrl keys
>are reversed.  Microport Tech has not seen this before.  Has
>anyone else seen this?  If so do you have a fix?

You should be able to fix the problem with the cons (1M) utility.
First checkout the scancodes of your keyboard with:
$ cons rawkey
Then you can change the scancodes with
$ cons swapkey 96 97
Or whatever is appropriate for you.
P.S. Our 101 keyboard (DFK-515RT) has the same scancodes for left&right
Alt/Ctrl.

Have fun :-)

--
Henk Dijkstra	: BETRONIC B.V.			USENET : henk@bebux.UUCP
		: PO-box 4317				 ..!hp4nl!bebux!henk

brian@cbw1.UUCP (Brian Cuthie) (03/09/89)

In article <226@visenix.UUCP> beattie@visenix.UUCP (Brian Beattie) writes:
>I have just got Microport SysV/386 up and running on my
>386 here and I have got a little strangeness with my keyboard.
>I have a 101 key keyboard and the righthand Alt and Ctrl keys
>are reversed.  Microport Tech has not seen this before.  Has
>anyone else seen this?  If so do you have a fix?

Yes, actually, I have the same exact problem.  I also have the famous
keyborad hang problem.  Has ANYONE fixed this yet.  Mine is not related to
the LEDs on the keyboard.  I can hang my keyboard by simply typing ahead of
vi sometimes. :-(

-brian

--
Brian D. Cuthie                                 uunet!umbc3!cbw1!brian
Columbia, MD                                    brian@umbc3.umbc.edu