[comp.unix.microport] Thoroughbred BASIC - need a replacement

beattie@visenix.UUCP (Brian Beattie) (03/07/89)

I am looking in to upgrading a client from a Fortune system
to a 386AT box running Microport SysV/386.  They currently
have an accounting package that appears to be from Thoroughbred
that I would rather not replace it since I not real up on
accounting packages.  The problem I have is that the
Thoroughbred people say that there basic does not run under
Microport UNIX.  Anybody know of a compatible basic that does
run under Microport?

Much Thanx
--
    _ANYONE_     | Brian Beattie          (703)471-7552
can sell software| 11525 Hickory Cluster, Reston, VA. 22090

Gary_Disciple_McClellan@cup.portal.com (03/15/89)

You can try Basis International. They have a fantastic Business Basic
package called BBx. It also includes most of the routines necessary
to convert your customers code from Thoroughbred to BBx. They run on
any operating system that is worthwhile (and even some that are not).

They can be contacted at: 1 - 505 - 821-4407

russ@bbx.UUCP (Russ Kepler) (03/16/89)

In article <15849@cup.portal.com> Gary_Disciple_McClellan@cup.portal.com writes:
>You can try Basis International. They have a fantastic Business Basic
>package called BBx. It also includes most of the routines necessary
>to convert your customers code from Thoroughbred to BBx. They run on
>any operating system that is worthwhile (and even some that are not).
>
>They can be contacted at: 1 - 505 - 821-4407

Actually we're at 505-345-5232.  But thanks for the promotion in any
case.

--
Russ Kepler -  Basis International
SNAILMAIL:  5901 Jefferson NE, Albuquerque, NM 87109