[comp.unix.microport] Elm 2.2 Configure

ruiu@dragos.UUCP (dragos) (04/21/89)

  Now that Microport is Chapter 11, all of us who do not have ksh and
want Elm are SOL. We can't get ksh anymore. I never even got my 2.4
upgrade I had an upgrade contract for (sigh).

  So I guess it is time to hack the configurations scripts manualy (UGH!).

  My question to the net is, will some kind sould send me a uuencoded binary
of ksh, or maybe their config files so I can hack them to account for smail ?

  Sigh...

--
Dragos Ruiu               "Suppose you were an idiot. And suppose you were
   ...ruiu@dragos.UUCP     a member of Congress. But I repeat myself."

clarke@acheron.UUCP (Ed Clarke) (04/24/89)

From article <533@dragos.UUCP>, by ruiu@dragos.UUCP (dragos):
>   Now that Microport is Chapter 11, all of us who do not have ksh and
> want Elm are SOL. We can't get ksh anymore. I never even got my 2.4
<stuff deleted>
>   So I guess it is time to hack the configurations scripts manualy (UGH!).

My understanding is that the Microport sh/csh is compiled using the
small memory model.  Would 'tcsh' run configure?  You can pick up a
copy of the tcsh source from several of the archive sites...

(I don't have a copy myself, or I'd try it)
--
Ed Clarke
uunet!bywater!acheron!clarke

rjg@sialis.mn.org (Robert J. Granvin) (04/24/89)

>>   Now that Microport is Chapter 11, all of us who do not have ksh and
>> want Elm are SOL. We can't get ksh anymore. I never even got my 2.4

Doesn't Microport V/AT come with ksh?  I've got ksh on a box at work
running uport.  I don't remember 2.3 very well since we didn't run it
long, but my 2.4 (at least) has ksh, and I never grabbed it from their
bbs...

--
________Robert J. Granvin________   INTERNET: rjg@sialis.mn.org
____National Computer Systems____   CONFUSED: rjg%sialis.mn.org@shamash.cdc.com

plocher%sally@Sun.COM (John Plocher) (04/24/89)

>>> want Elm are SOL. We can't get ksh anymore. I never even got my 2.4
>
>Doesn't Microport V/AT come with ksh?  I've got ksh on a box at work

Ksh was shipped with the Software Development System, starting with the
(I think) 2.3 version of the set.  It is also avaliable from the Uport BBS
(408) 441-013[6789]

   -John Plocher

tvf@cci632.UUCP (Tom Frauenhofer) (04/25/89)

In article <100728@sun.Eng.Sun.COM> plocher@sun.UUCP (John Plocher) writes:
>Ksh was shipped with the Software Development System, starting with the
>(I think) 2.3 version of the set.  It is also avaliable from the Uport BBS
>(408) 441-013[6789]

Slight correction - it was with Version 2.4 (I got version 2.3 3 months before
version 2.4 was shipping and it didn't include ksh).

A side note - is the Uport BBS still up and running?  I've been trying to access
it for the past week or so.  The modems answer, but I don't get a prompt no
matter what I try.

>   -John Plocher

Thomas V. Frauenhofer	...!rutgers!rochester!cci632!ccird7!tvf
*or* ...!rochester!cci632!ccird7!frau!tvf *or* ...!rochester!rit!anna!ma!tvf1477
FRAU BBS: (716) 227-8094 2400/1200/300 baud - log in as "new" to register

nusip@maccs.McMaster.CA (Mike Borza) (04/26/89)

Sorry, John....
Ksh was not included with the SV/AT 2.3 Software Development Distribution.
It was available on the uPort BBS, but those of us too cheap to pay long
distance to CA didn't get it:-).  My upgrade notice for 2.4 indicates it
was included in that distribution. Unfortunately, my 2.4 upgrade never
arrived, despite a paid-up Upgrade Support Contract, or whatever it was
called.  Other than the support contract bit of fraud, I was always happy
(and still am) with the V/AT product.  Right now, I could really use ksh
to get Elm to configure.

mike borza.
--
Michael Borza                       work: <antel!mike@maccs.McMaster.CA>