[comp.unix.microport] Looking for compatible 286 board

johnk@grebyn.COM (John Kennedy) (05/16/89)

I have bought two 286 motherboards now, whose BIOS does not seem
to support Dos Merge.

Can anyone steer me to a fast (16 MHz or faster) board that they
*know* handles uPort 2.4 okay AND Dos Merge?

I know all the rest of you have migrated to 386's (:-)), but
I'd be happy for now to see V/AT working with Merge.

I'd appreciate a vendor and board model number.

Thanks in advance,

John

PS - perhaps one of you 386 users has an old 286 that you had working
     under merge???
--
John Kennedy            |        Second Source, Inc.
johnk@opel.UUCP         |        Annapolis, MD

rolfe@w3vh.UU.NET (Rolfe Tessem) (05/20/89)

In article <11966@grebyn.COM> johnk@grebyn.com (John Kennedy) writes:
>I have bought two 286 motherboards now, whose BIOS does not seem
>to support Dos Merge.
>
>Can anyone steer me to a fast (16 MHz or faster) board that they
>*know* handles uPort 2.4 okay AND Dos Merge?

When I first got Dos Merge, I had to swap out my "NoName" BIOS and replace
it with a Phoenix to get Merge to run.  Once done, no problems.

I'm still running 2.3 and Merge -- has uport released a version of Dos Merge
that runs with 2.4?

--
UUCP:         uunet!w3vh!rolfe 			| Rolfe Tessem
INTERNET:     rolfe@w3vh.uu.net			| P.O. Box 793

lcc@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (73701000) (05/24/89)

In article <418@w3vh.UU.NET> rolfe@w3vh.UU.NET (Rolfe Tessem) writes:
>I'm still running 2.3 and Merge -- has uport released a version of Dos Merge
>that runs with 2.4?

Yes, (well sort of) Microport has a version internally that was pretty solid.
You would probably have to call them and beg to get though. Last I heard, it
was being beta'ed. That was in late February - early March.

Ken Chapin