[comp.unix.microport] uport Merge 2.0-286

tpk@PacBell.COM (Tim Kirkpatrick) (05/25/89)

FYI:

Microport has Merge 2.0 for the SV/AT product V2.4 out. I'm running it now,
and it is very solid. I saw some inquiries regarding this, and thought I
would post. Uport *supposedly* had a special on this for $60. I ordered it,
but RSN never materialized, so I conned a guy at uport to burn a copy for me.
Sent me the release notes also. Whole thing cost me $0 :-). I don't know what
the current status of uport is, but the BBS is still active.
I think John Plocher mentioned a while back, that they had a beta version of
a SCSI driver going for SV/AT. I would love to get a copy of that sucker...
Maybe we ought to see what we can get out of that outfit before they really
belly up.

Tim Kirkpatrick
E-mail: {att,sun,pyramid,ames}!pacbell!pbhya!tpk

" Maynard) (05/27/89)

In article <26840@pbhya.PacBell.COM> tpk@PacBell.COM (Tim Kirkpatrick) writes:
>Microport has Merge 2.0 for the SV/AT product V2.4 out. I'm running it now,
>and it is very solid. I saw some inquiries regarding this, and thought I
>would post. Uport *supposedly* had a special on this for $60. I ordered it,
>but RSN never materialized, so I conned a guy at uport to burn a copy for me.
>Sent me the release notes also. Whole thing cost me $0 :-). I don't know what
>the current status of uport is, but the BBS is still active.

It's a real shame that I won't ever get a chance to try this one; I
never was able to get Merge running on my system, and now won't ever
get the opportunity to try the new and improved version, since the
realistic probabilities of getting anything from Microport are two: slim
and none.
I have a real need for Merge, too. Dammit.

--
Jay Maynard, EMT-P, K5ZC, PP-ASEL   | Never ascribe to malice that which can
uucp:        uunet!nuchat!   (eieio)| adequately be explained by stupidity.