[comp.unix.microport] Problems with HP2622A/HP2640 Terminal & Microport Unix Sys V 386

bernd@pfm.UUCP (Bernd Hennig) (05/28/89)

I have little problems with a HP2622A Terminal (updated to HP2640):

1. With 9600Bd I have a lot of garbage when I type ps -fe or ls -la,
   but no problems with 4800Bd

2. cls dosn't work

At least I have no documentation about this terminal, can anyone help me ?

--
   __
  /  )                 /    uucp:  uunet!mcvax!unido!pfm!bernd

lcc@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (73701000) (05/28/89)

In article <1420@pfm.UUCP> bernd@pfm.UUCP (Bernd Hennig) writes:
>I have little problems with a HP2622A Terminal (updated to HP2640):
>
>1. With 9600Bd I have a lot of garbage when I type ps -fe or ls -la,
>   but no problems with 4800Bd
>
>2. cls dosn't work
>
>At least I have no documentation about this terminal, can anyone help me ?

You're going to have to use the utilities 'tic' and 'infocmp' to take apart
the terminfo description and fix it. Another possible solution is to go find
a BSD machine with a good termcap description for the HP terminal, snag it
and use the 'captoterm' utility to convert it to a terminfo.

Ken

wietse@wzv.UUCP (Wietse Z. Venema) (05/30/89)

>In article <1420@pfm.UUCP> bernd@pfm.UUCP (Bernd Hennig) writes:
>I have little problems with a HP2622A Terminal (updated to HP2640):
>
>1. With 9600Bd I have a lot of garbage when I type ps -fe or ls -la,
>   but no problems with 4800Bd

Make sure you have done a `stty -ixany'.  I assume that your terminal
can only handle high baud rates by relying on xon/xoff flow control,
just like many vt100-like terminals do.  `stty -ixany' tells the tty
driver to only accept xon as the start character, so that a series of
subsequent xoffs causes no loss of data.
--
work:	wswietse@eutrc3.uucp	| Eindhoven University of Technology
work:	wswietse@heitue5.bitnet	| Mathematics and Computing Science