[comp.unix.microport] what is in the bbs grabbag?

dave@micropen (David F. Carlson) (06/24/89)

I recently received from Microport the 8 disks of bbs software.
Thanks you to all involved.  It seems very nice.

Question is, what are the bugs fixed in getty, ksh, format, and vi?

Are they worth installing?

BTW, I am now an official gnuchess addict.

--
David F. Carlson, Micropen, Inc.
micropen!dave@ee.rochester.edu

"The faster I go, the behinder I get." --Lewis Carroll

plocher%sally@Sun.COM (John Plocher) (06/24/89)

In article <749@micropen> dave@micropen (David F. Carlson) writes:
>I recently received from Microport the 8 disks of bbs software.
>Thanks you to all involved.  It seems very nice.
>Question is, what are the bugs fixed in getty, ksh, format, and vi?

In general, the drivers and fixes etc are for versions of Microport
Unix prior to 2.4 (286) or 3.0e (386).

ksh-e and ksh-v in the 286 area are ksh's with emacs or vi editing modes.
ksh in the 386 area has both modes enabled, use FCEDIT to choose.

There is a getty(386) which understands /etc/issue

format is for pre 2.4 systems

There is a vi (386) which is configured for LARGE files - it makes use of
the VMUNIX define and gets rid of most limits for file size ...

  -John Plocher