[comp.unix.microport] Text Preparation System

clp@altos86.Altos.COM (Chuck L. Peterson) (06/15/89)

I have the 386 Text Preparation System (DWB 2.0), and I want to generate
output on my Postscript printer.  The system comes with
the di10 and daps filters for the Imagen and Autologic respectively.
There used to be a DEVPS product which was sold separately
due to licensing problems, but I don't want to buy that.
What "device-independent-troff -> postscript" filters other than
the DEVPS one are around?  And where can a DEVPS filter be bought from?

p.s. This is a pretty stupid question considering that I am the
person who developed this product for microport in the first place;
but I don't remember ever actually finding a public-domain PS filter.

Chuck L. Peterson
clp@altos.com

nvk@ddsw1.MCS.COM (Norman Kohn) (07/22/89)

In article <1255@altos86.Altos.COM> clp@altos86.Altos.COM (Chuck L. Peterson) writes:
>I have the 386 Text Preparation System (DWB 2.0), and I want to generate
>output on my Postscript printer...>What "device-independent-troff -> postscript" filters other than
>the DEVPS one are around?  And where can a DEVPS filter be bought from?
It's hardly cheap, but EROFF comes with postscript drivers and is
a solid product.  You might also want to inquire of Jetroff,
I think it's cheaper but haven't tried it.  I've been happy with
eroff (to LJII) on 286 and 386.

--
Norman Kohn   		| ...ddsw1!nvk!norman
Chicago, Il.		| days/ans svc: (312) 650-6840