[comp.unix.microport] Jetroff

wnp@dcs.UUCP (Wolf N. Paul) (10/07/88)

In article <3723@homxc.UUCP> fmg@homxc.UUCP (F.GOLDSTEIN) writes:
>Does the DWB 2.2 work with jetroff?  If it does, can some kind soul send
>me the sources and any notes on getting it going?
>
>	Thanks,
>
>		Floyd Goldstein
>--
>Floyd Goldstein
>AT&T Bell Laboratories

Yes, JetRoff works with DWB 2.0 and presumably later.

If you mean the DWB sources, no, I don't think some kind soul is going
to send them to you and get into hot water with your employer :-).

If you mean the JetRoff sources, they were posted recently to comp.sources.misc
and you should find your nearest archive site and obtain them from there.
They are a bit to big to just send around the net. I also understand that
soon there will be anon-uucp access on pcrat, the author's site. E-mail
uunet!pcrat!jetroff for more info.
UUCP:     killer!dcs!wnp                 ESL: 62832882
DOMAIN:   dcs!wnp@killer.dallas.tx.us    TLX: 910-380-0585 EES PLANO UD

root@trevan.UUCP (Admin) (07/22/89)

	I have just got Jetroff going on my Microport V/AT 286 v2.4.
I am using A4 paper and I find that the top of the page gets cut off
by about 1 inch. Has anybody else got Jetroff going on Microport?
					regards trevor

wnp@attctc.Dallas.TX.US (Wolf Paul) (07/27/89)

In article <374@trevan.UUCP> root@trevan.UUCP (Admin) writes:

>	I have just got Jetroff going on my Microport V/AT 286 v2.4.
>I am using A4 paper and I find that the top of the page gets cut off
>by about 1 inch. Has anybody else got Jetroff going on Microport?

You are not saying which macro package you are using with the A4 paper.
Generally, I should think that using a macro package, and setting the top
margin to larger than .3i, you should not see this.

If you are using troff requests directly, without a macro package, you
need to put a ".sp |.3i" at the beginning of your document, since the
Laserjet and all its clones do not print right to the edge of the paper.

Feel free to e-mail questions on jetroff - I am using it extensively on
both 286 and 386 systems.
UUCP:   {texbell, attctc, dalsqnt}!dcs!wnp
DOMAIN: wnp@attctc.dallas.tx.us or wnp%dcs@texbell.swbt.com
        NOTICE: As of July 3, 1989, "killer" has become "attctc".