I have uport 3.0e for the 386, and I would really, really like to have the
online manual pages.  Does anyone know where I can get these?  Either
preformatted or nroff format would be fine.  Also, where is the getopts(1)
command.  It is in the manual, but nowhere on the hard disk.  Thanks.

Stephe
{ucbvax,pacbell,hplabs}!well!sjm     or     sjm@well.sf.ca.usa
"You heard the weirdo man.  What is truth?"

news@sun.Eng.Sun.COM (news) (08/10/89)

-----------
From: williamt@athena1.Sun.COM (William A. Turnbow)

	From what I understand, the man pages will cost you about 10K from
AT&T.  Apparently they regard it as source or something.  From what
I hear though, SCO used to include man pages, but am not sure if they
still will with their new 3.2 release.

	As for the getopts command, it is a built-in in the shell.  If you
get the current version of ksh it is also built-in.  However, if you have
the 3 year old version that was supplied by microport, you are S.O.L.

-wat-

tanner@cdis-1.uucp (Dr. T. Andrews) (08/11/89)

In article <120647@sun.Eng.Sun.COM>, news@sun.Eng.Sun.COM (news) writes:
) ... SCO used to include man pages, but am not sure if they still will
) with their new 3.2 release.
SCO included the "man" pages as part of the "text processing" (nroff)
package.  Cleverly (?) they only provided nroff output, and that for
the lowest common denominator.  Subscripts, &c. don't work, so that
you get the occasional silliness (look at the man page for "factor"
and imagine what it would look like if the "46" were in the same font,
same size, same level as the "2").

When I wrote to them last year (12-Oct-88) they expressed no interest
in shipping the nroff/troff source for processing locally.
--
...!bikini.cis.ufl.edu!ki4pv!cdis-1!tanner  ...!bpa!cdin-1!cdis-1!tanner
or...  {allegra attctc gatech!uflorida decvax!ucf-cs}!ki4pv!cdis-1!tanner

laurie@ucscb.UCSC.EDU (60648000) (08/11/89)

>I hear though, SCO used to include man pages, but am not sure if they
>still will with their new 3.2 release.

They do have them and I have to admit that I like it. Beside, it saves a tree
or two.