[comp.unix.microport] C++ for Microport

tvf@cci632.UUCP (Tom Frauenhofer) (09/25/89)

About a year or so ago I sent out a request for information on getting a C++
compiler for Microport V/AT.  I received several responses, including one
from a fellow who sent me diffs to get CFRONT 1.2 up and running.
Unfortunately, I've lost those patches, and I have a friend who has
Microport but no net access and would be interested in them.  So I have two
queries:

1) Is there now a C++ available for Microport V/AT?

2) Could the person who sent me the CFRONT patches please get in touch with
   me?

Thanks in advance!

Thomas V. Frauenhofer	...!rutgers!rochester!cci632!ccird7!tvf
*or* ...!rochester!kodak!swamps!frau!tvf
"The Earth? I'm going to blow it up.  It obstructs my view of Venus" - Martin

mjy@sdti.com (Michael J. Young) (09/29/89)

I was going to mail this response, but I thought it might be useful to
others as well.

In article <30804@cci632.UUCP> tvf@ccird7.UUCP (Tom Frauenhofer) writes:
>About a year or so ago I sent out a request for information on getting a C++
>compiler for Microport V/AT.  I received several responses, including one
>from a fellow who sent me diffs to get CFRONT 1.2 up and running.
>Unfortunately, I've lost those patches, and I have a friend who has
>Microport but no net access and would be interested in them.  So I have two
>queries:
>
>1) Is there now a C++ available for Microport V/AT?
>
>2) Could the person who sent me the CFRONT patches please get in touch with
>   me?

I can't help with the second question, but as for the first:

I bought a version of CFRONT 1.2 from Comeau Computing a while back, and it
works fine.  I've never found anything that I could compile with other
ports of CFRONT (like DOS or OS/2) that didn't also work under Microport
V/AT.  It cost $250, and is available on just about any PC version of UNIX,
including XENIX, System V/AT and the 386 machines.

I know they're working on a 2.0 port, but I don't know when it will be
available.  Their address is:

		Comeau Computing
		91-34 120th Street
		Richmond Hill, NY  11418
		(718) 849-2355

I'm not affiliated with them, just a satisfied customer.
--
Mike Young
Software Development Technologies, Inc., Sudbury MA       Tel: +1 508 443 5779

comeau@utoday.UUCP (Greg Comeau) (10/04/89)

In article <1989Sep29.132140.3802@sdti.com> mjy@sdti.SDTI.COM (Michael J. Young) writes:
>I bought a version of CFRONT 1.2 from Comeau Computing a while back, and it
>works fine.  I've never found anything that I could compile with other
>ports of CFRONT (like DOS or OS/2) that didn't also work under Microport
>V/AT.  It cost $250, and is available on just about any PC version of UNIX,
>including XENIX, System V/AT and the 386 machines.
>I know they're working on a 2.0 port, but I don't know when it will be
>available.  Their address is:
>		Comeau Computing
>		Richmond Hill, NY  11418
>		(718) 849-2355

Thanks for the pitch Mike.  It was my understanding that CC was the only ones
crazy enough to do a uport AT port, but perhaps not.  In any event, the
information and price you posted is still accurate.

BTW, Our street address is 91-34 120th Street.  Also, we have C++ 2.0 available
for various machine already including all UNIX 386's, the 3B2 and the
AT&T UNIX PC, and the latest XENIX.  Pre-XENIX and 286 XENIX, MSDOS,
and OS/2 is in the works..

If anybody has questions, please don't hesitate to call or ask.