[comp.unix.microport] C news on Microport 2.4

trevor@trevan.uucp (Trevor J. Harris) (10/01/89)

I am having problems with the batcher getting out of sync with about
20 percent of my incoming batches. I just 'mv' these from the bad directory
back into in.coming and they go through ok.

I am runing cnews on Microport V/AT 2.4 with the small model and dbz with
the following changes:

1) Fixed hdrdefs.c to compile with Microport by applying patches posted to net.

2) In rna/lib/makefile made RANLIB = echo

3) Used microport stdio.

4) Added own spacefor

5) I use a 1k buffer in expire.c

I would like to hear from anyone with a similar setup.

		regards trevor

Trevor J. Harris					ukc!trevan!trevor

ruiu@dragos.uucp (dragos) (10/04/89)

In article <1989Oct1.094543.14743@trevan.uucp> trevor@trevan.uucp (Trevor J. Harris) writes:
>I am having problems with the batcher getting out of sync with about
>20 percent of my incoming batches. I just 'mv' these from the bad directory
>back into in.coming and they go through ok.
>I am runing cnews on Microport V/AT 2.4 with the small model and dbz with
>the following changes:
>Trevor J. Harris					ukc!trevan!trevor

 I was having this problem. I eliminated it by using a large model relaynews.
 I never tracked down the problem fully once I found a solution. I just built
 a duplicate source tree where I put the large model stuff. This way I can still
 patch the sources and keep separate versions of the cnews libraries.

 NOTE: the three fast stdio routines do not pass the tests in the large model,
 so you should make sure to avoid linking them in.

--
Dragos Ruiu          |  Programming Languages:
alberta!dragos!ruiu  |