[comp.unix.microport] Need example backup script for Microport SYS V/386

mike@ut-emx.UUCP (Mike O'Donnell) (10/12/89)

I am fairly new at UNIX and am trying to formulate a backup scheme
for SYS V/386 from Microport.  Does anyone have any suggesttions or
perhaps a backup script.  Being a fairly important topic, I would
really appreciate any help or pointers.

Thanks, Mike O'Donnell

mustard@sdrc.UUCP (Sandy Mustard) (10/13/89)

In article <19471@ut-emx.UUCP>, mike@ut-emx.UUCP (Mike O'Donnell) writes:
> I am fairly new at UNIX and am trying to formulate a backup scheme
> for SYS V/386 from Microport.  Does anyone have any suggesttions or
> perhaps a backup script.  Being a fairly important topic, I would
> really appreciate any help or pointers.
>
> Thanks, Mike O'Donnell

In the /etc directory there is a 'diskdump' shell script which is what
a few of us here use for our backups.

Sandy Mustard

mustard@sdrc.UU.NET