[comp.unix.microport] Patches for UNaXcess BBS on System V/AT

whna@cgch.UUCP (Heinz Naef) (11/21/89)

The UNaXcess package posted in comp.sources.unix a long time ago compiles
well on Microport System V/AT 2.4. However, trying to access it from the
console produces strange screen output (column mode instead of line mode).

Since the good old Microport BBS was based on UNaXcess and didn't show up
this problem, there should be patches around to fix this misbehavior.
Could anyone post or mail these patches?

Thanks, and best regards,
Heinz Naef, cgch!whna
Heinz Naef, c/o CIBA-GEIGY AG, R-1045.3.37, P.O.Box, CH-4002 Basel, Switzerland
  UUCP:     cgch!whna
  Internet: whna%cgch.uucp@uunet.uu.net              Phone: (+41) 61 697 26 75
  BITNET:   whna%cgch.uucp@cernvax.bitnet            Fax:   (+41) 61 697 32 88

ken@metaware.metaware.com (ken) (11/21/89)

In article <906@cgch.UUCP> whna@cgch.UUCP (Heinz Naef) writes:
>The UNaXcess package posted in comp.sources.unix a long time ago compiles
>well on Microport System V/AT 2.4. However, trying to access it from the
>console produces strange screen output (column mode instead of line mode).
>
>Since the good old Microport BBS was based on UNaXcess and didn't show up
>this problem, there should be patches around to fix this misbehavior.
>Could anyone post or mail these patches?

The Microport BBS was always a 386 box running 2.2 and then 3.0e1. We also
did a bit of work on the UNaXcess source to fix some bugs and customize it.
I don't remember anybug about funny screen output but then I wasn't the one
that did most of the work on the source. You might have run into a 286 compiler
bug or more likely a C library bug (in puts) or a curses bug (I can't remember
if UNaXcess used curses).

--Ken