[comp.unix.microport] Microport BBS

markz@ssc.UUCP (Markz Zenier) (03/13/88)

Could someone at Microport post a summary of the content of their
BBS to this news group.  I would like to know what I'm looking at
before I go $20 or more in hock to The Phone Company.

sjb@dalek.UUCP (Seth J. Bradley) (04/18/88)

I'm sure this has been done before, but could someone
please post the number and details(modems supported, etc.)
for the Microport BBS?
Thanks in advance!

--
Seth J. Bradley     UUCP: uunet!ubvax!dalek!sjb

jmsully@uport.UUCP (John M. Sully) (04/20/88)

In article <369@dalek.UUCP> sjb@dalek.UUCP (Seth J. Bradley) writes:
>I'm sure this has been done before, but could someone
>please post the number and details(modems supported, etc.)
>for the Microport BBS?

Sure:

408-438-1680
408-438-6567
408-438-6687

1680 is a Hayes 1200 and the other two are Telebit Trailblazers and may give
problems since I haven't figured out how to get the #$^%&#$ things to try
PEP mode last.

John

pjh@mccc.UUCP (Peter J. Holsberg) (04/22/88)

In article <331@uport.UUCP> jmsully@uport.UUCP (John M. Sully) writes:
== 1680 is a Hayes 1200 and the other two are Telebit Trailblazers and may give
== problems since I haven't figured out how to get the #$^%&#$ things to try
== PEP mode last.

ATS92=1 &W	(page 5-25)

learn@igloo.UUCP (william vajk) (04/22/88)

In article <331@uport.UUCP>, jmsully@uport.UUCP (John M. Sully) writes:

> 1680 is a Hayes 1200 and the other two are Telebit Trailblazers and may give
> problems since I haven't figured out how to get the #$^%&#$ things to try
> PEP mode last.

Igloo sports one anchor automation 2400 baud modem, and a Telebit Trailblazer.

We experience no problems with connects to either modem at 3/12/24, and the
telebit at 9600. We are using Karl Deninger's autobaud getty, which requires
at most 2 CR's on the telebit, and one on the slow modem. The telebit does
reply in PEP mode, and the only difficulty I've ever been able to duplicate
is calling in to it with a USR Courier set to atx6, in which event the
telebit bursts are interpreted as voice, and the Courier hangs up. I
don't consider this a problem.

There have been no problems with connects via PC Persuit.

kschmidt@celina.Wright.EDU (Kriss Allan Schmidt, Unix System Administrator) (12/01/89)

Does anyone know if there is still a sysop on Microport's BBS system?
Thanks to the person who posted the phone number!!  Now if I can get down-
load priviledges, since I am a Microport customer, I'll be tickled pink!!
Ah, the hassles of red tape... ;-)

Please e-mail me at one of the following addresses:

		{osu-cis,uunet!ncrlnk}!wright!wsu!kschmidt
                                    or
                          KSCHMIDT@WSU.BITNET
Kudos!
Kriss Schmidt
--
Wright State Univ., Lake Campus  UUCP: osu-cis!wright!celina!kschmidt
7600 St Rt 703E                        uunet!ncrlnk!wright!celina!kschmidt