[comp.unix.microport] Enhanced keyboard bug in System V/AT 2.4

" Maynard) (12/09/89)

I broke down the other day and purchased a KeyTronic enhanced keyboard
for my system (a DTK 10 MHz 286). Unfortunately, there's a bug with it
in my System V/AT 2.4 with DOSMerge: the right-hand ALT and CTL keys are
treated backwards from what they should be. In addition, the right-hand
ALT key doesn't work for swapping screens. Finally, is there a way to
get the system to not reset NumLock status when booting?

Thanks...

--
Jay Maynard, EMT-P, K5ZC, PP-ASEL   | Never ascribe to malice that which can
jay@splut.conmicro.com       (eieio)| adequately be explained by stupidity.

jeff@nucleus.mi.org (Jeff Marraccini) (12/09/89)

In article <LTJN&@splut.conmicro.com> jay@splut.conmicro.com (Jay "you ignorant splut!" Maynard) writes:

> ... the right-hand ALT and CTL keys are
>treated backwards from what they should be. In addition, the right-hand
>ALT key doesn't work for swapping screens. Finally, is there a way to
>get the system to not reset NumLock status when booting?

Jay,

You can fix the swapped key problem.  I haven't been able to fix the
NumLock reset or to give the right Alt key the same powers the left one
has.  To swap the keys, create a file in /etc/rc.d with the following
lines in it (I call mine swapkey.rc):

:
if [ -x /etc/cons ]; then
	echo "	Swapping right Alt and Ctrl keys\c" >/dev/console
	/etc/cons swapkey 96 97
	echo "." >/dev/console
fi

Jeff
--
  Jeff Marraccini  jeff@nucleus.mi.org  ...!<internet>!sharkey!nucleus!jeff
      nucleus: Public access Unix, +1 313 623-6309, 1200/2400bps, no fee