[comp.unix.microport] HELP

larryd1@killer.DALLAS.TX.US (Larry Clark) (01/16/89)

    I just updated to release 2.4 and am generally quite satisifed with
    the results.   However when I do ps -ef I find that two swapper tasks
    are running.  I am sure that only one of these tasks should be running
    and am at loss to remedy the situation.    The hardware is a 12 mz
    American Research Corp clone with 2.6 megs of ram and a Micropolis
    1335 disk.  Any pointers and or help would be greatly appreciated.

    Larry D. Clark
    killer!larryd1

will@cygnet.CYGNETSYSTEMS (Will Nelson) (01/27/89)

In article <6813@killer.DALLAS.TX.US>, larryd1@killer.DALLAS.TX.US (Larry Clark) writes:

>     I just updated to release 2.4 and am generally quite satisifed with
>     the results.   However when I do ps -ef I find that two swapper tasks
>     are running.  I am sure that only one of these tasks should be running
>     and am at loss to remedy the situation.    The hardware is a 12 mz
>     American Research Corp clone with 2.6 megs of ram and a Micropolis
>     1335 disk.  Any pointers and or help would be greatly appreciated.
>
>     Larry D. Clark
>     killer!larryd1
System V has a swapin and swapout. Both of these swapper tasks should be running.

--
Will Nelson		uucp: {decvax!decwrl}!pyramid!oliveb!cygnet!will
Cygnet Systems, Inc.

dgogates@tony.austin.ibm.com (12/17/89)

HELP!
  I decided to get my old version of Microport SYS V/AT off the shelf and
install it and I found the the boot diskette has been trashed.
It will boot to the point where UNIX is running but it cannot find a shell
to run.  It prompts for the run level prints the error message the it cannot
find shell and asks for the run level again.

Does anyone have a copy of the UNIX 286 V/AT version 2.2.2
boot disk.   Please reply to route in my signature.  By the way
I am not able ftp on this network.

Thanks in advance.

Dale
---------------------------------------------------------------------|
| Dale Gogates                                                       |
| ...@cs.utexas.edu:ibmchs!auschs!tony.austin.ibm.com!dgogates       |
|  I work AT IBM but do not in any way speak for them.               |

patrick@engrhub.ucsb.edu (Patrick Lindstrom) (12/29/89)

In article <2875@d75.UUCP> dgogates@tony.austin.ibm.com () writes:

>Does anyone have a copy of the UNIX 286 V/AT version 2.2.2
>boot disk.   Please reply to route in my signature.  By the way
>I am not able ftp on this network.

Dale, I suggest you call Microport and ask them to send you a new
boot disk.  If you didn't already know this, they're still in business.
I just got the 2.4 upgrade from them last month.

Patrick@wongo