[comp.unix.microport] rn for microport?

fred@cetus.UUCP (Manfred W. Prange) (02/06/90)

Has anyone gotten rn to compile under microport 2.4.2? I'm a new
microport owner, and may not have all the savvy of some of the
more "experienced" users. If someone has sources they know will
compile, or knows where they may be found, please share them with me.

Thanks! -MWP

.signatures, just say no.

" Maynard) (02/07/90)

In article <5532@cetus.UUCP> fred@cetus.UUCP (Manfred W. Prange) writes:
>Has anyone gotten rn to compile under microport 2.4.2? I'm a new
>microport owner, and may not have all the savvy of some of the
>more "experienced" users. If someone has sources they know will
>compile, or knows where they may be found, please share them with me.

The stock rn will compile just fine under System V/AT.  Make sure you
specify large model when Configure asks for compiler and linker flags
(-Ml).  Configure can't find your compiler libraries by itself, so you
need to tell it where to find libc.a: it's in /lib/large/libc.a.
Finally, after you've configured the package, but before you compile it,
edit common.h and change the #define SPEEDOVERMEM to #undef
SPEEDOVERMEM.  This will prevent core dumps when a newsgroup gets an
article number higher than 16384.

Good luck...If you run into problems, drop me a note, and I'll try to
help.

--
Jay Maynard, EMT-P, K5ZC, PP-ASEL   | Never ascribe to malice that which can
jay@splut.conmicro.com       (eieio)| adequately be explained by stupidity.