[comp.unix.microport] Using UUCP under a BBS system???

" Maynard) (03/06/90)

In article <511237@nstar.UUCP> larry@nstar.UUCP (Larry Snyder) writes:
>I'm looking for a good small safe wordstar compatible editor for use
>under 386/ix (or Xenix).

If you find one in source form, let me know...I've been looking for such
a beast for years. No, the commonly available set of WordStar key
bindings for EMACS-style editors won't cut it; there's a fundamental
difference in how they mark blocks that makes the emulation inaccurate
at best.

--
Jay Maynard, EMT-P, K5ZC, PP-ASEL   | Never ascribe to malice that which can
jay@splut.conmicro.com       (eieio)| adequately be explained by stupidity.

tvf@cci632.UUCP (Tom Frauenhofer) (03/07/90)

In article <P-H+_&@splut.conmicro.com> jay@splut.conmicro.com (Jay "you ignorant splut!" Maynard) writes:
>In article <511237@nstar.UUCP> larry@nstar.UUCP (Larry Snyder) writes:
>>I'm looking for a good small safe wordstar compatible editor for use
>>under 386/ix (or Xenix).
>If you find one in source form, let me know...I've been looking for such
>a beast for years. No, the commonly available set of WordStar key
>bindings for EMACS-style editors won't cut it; there's a fundamental
>difference in how they mark blocks that makes the emulation inaccurate
>at best.

Not in source form, but there is a company that advertises a wordstar clone
for Unix called 'fenix'.  The company is Fenix software, PO Box 15649,
Sarasota, FL 34277 (813) 351-5532.  I know absolutely nothing about their
product beyond their advertisement in Unix World.

Thomas V. Frauenhofer	...!rutgers!rochester!kodak!swamps!!frau!tvf *or*
...!uunet!atexnet!kodak!swamps!frau!tvf (tvf@frau, tvf@cci632)
"What's a gourmand?  I'll tell you, he's a P-I-G pig!"
                                       - Justin Wilson