[comp.ai.edu] AI Schools

dtroup@carroll1.UUCP (David C. Troup - Skunk Works : 2600hz) (11/17/89)

	About a week ago, I posted a message asking for info on schools from
	NetPeople who feel they're curriculum is worth suggesting to an
	undergrad AI major. The responses have been very positive, and I thank
	all of you who have sent mail to me so far. I have been suprised by the
	lack of replys from the 'Big Name' AI institutions. (or perhaps my view
	of the AI community is a little off base :-)

	Some institutions that I thought I might get some mail from would be;
	M.I.T., Carnige Mellon(sp?!), Stanford and others. I am in no way
	suggesting that I am dissapointed in the mail thus far (I am asking for
	admissions information from ALL schools that have been refered to me),
	I would just like to hear about the programs at the above mentioned
	schools.

	Thank-you to all the people who have sent me mail so far and did not
	get a personal reply from me.

--
"We got computers, we're tapping phone lines, knowin' that ain't allowed"__         _______  _______________    |David C. Troup / Surf Rat
    _______)(______   |         |dtroup@carroll1.cc.edu : mail

schiebel@a.cs.wvu.wvnet.edu (Darrell Schiebel) (11/19/89)

In article <863@carroll1.UUCP>, dtroup@carroll1.UUCP (David C. Troup  -  Skunk Works : 2600hz) writes:

> 	About a week ago, I posted a message asking for info on schools from
> 	NetPeople who feel they're curriculum is worth suggesting to an
> 	undergrad AI major. The responses have been very positive, and I thank
> 	all of you who have sent mail to me so far. I have been suprised by the
> 	lack of replys from the 'Big Name' AI institutions. (or perhaps my view
> 	of the AI community is a little off base :-)
>
>     _______)(______   |         |dtroup@carroll1.cc.edu : mail

Could you please email or post the responses/summary?  I would very much
appreciate it as I too am a student insearch of a neural net/ai/cognitive
science school.

Many Thanks,

Darrell Schiebel
(schiebel@a.cs.wvu.wvnet.edu)

fvl@a.cs.okstate.edu (Freddy Viso) (11/23/89)

In article <549@h.cs.wvu.wvnet.edu> schiebel@a.cs.wvu.wvnet.edu (Darrell Schiebel) writes:

(.../...)

>Could you please email or post the responses/summary?  I would very much
>appreciate it as I too am a student insearch of a neural net/ai/cognitive
>science school.

(.../...)

Here it goes another vote for posting the above info on this group ...

Thanks in advance,

Freddy Viso.

anoop@svax.cs.cornell.edu (Anoop Kumar Mangalick) (11/28/89)

Here is another request for the list of schools in Cognitive Science.

Anoop

sofmac@porthos.rutgers.edu (Sofus Macskassy) (11/28/89)

Here is yet another request for the list of schools...

Sofus

footbag@cadnetix.COM (12/05/89)

   Here is still yet another request too!!
   (Not to be redundant or anything.)
   Why not just post the list of schools to this newsgroup?
   I think there are plenty of inquiring minds who want to know.

	Dave  Leberknight  		Internet:footbag@cadnetix.COM
	Cadnetix Corp.		UUCP:	 cadnetix!footbag
	5775 Flatiron Parkway		{uunet,boulder,nbires}!cadnetix!footbag
	Boulder, CO 80301	Voice:	 303-444-8075 x 296