----MESSAGE 1-------------------------------------------------------------
From: Vibhu Mittal <mittal@venera.isi.edu>

----MESSAGE 2-------------------------------------------------------------

From: Mark Dahl <dahl@bcstec.boeing.com>

----MESSAGE 3-------------------------------------------------------------

From: Ian Gent <ipg@cs.warwick.ac.uk>

----MESSAGE 4-------------------------------------------------------------

From: Ian Gent <ipg@cs.warwick.ac.uk>

----MESSAGE 5------------------------------------------------------------

From: Jim Brule' <jfbrule@rodan.acs.syr.edu>

----MESSAGE 6-------------------------------------------------------------

From: Linda Rodi <rodi@linus.mitre.org>

----MESSAGE 7-------------------------------------------------------------

From: "Sanjiv K. Bhatia" <sanjiv@hoss.unl.edu>

----MESSAGE 8-------------------------------------------------------------

From: Evangelos Simoudis <simoudis@chaos.cs.brandeis.edu>

----MESSAGE 9-------------------------------------------------------------

From: Steve Cousins <sbc@informatics.WUstl.EDU>

From: Nikolaus Haus <NHAUS@eagle.wesleyan.edu>

  While looking for some of the above references, I found two special
editions of the International Journal for Man-Machine Studies: vol 26 no 1
and vol 26 no 2 (Jan 1987 and Feb 1987, resp.), which are entitled
"Knowledge Acquisition for Knowledge Acquisition Systems", edited by John Boose
and Brian Gaines. While these may not be the most recent work on the
subject, they could provide good background and overview.

  Again, thank you to everyone who replied!