[comp.ai.edu] Looking for "Racter" and "Parry" mad exper-system

jmh@coyote.datalog.com (John Hughes) (05/06/91)

In article <marx.673396347@shum> marx@SHUM.HUJI.AC.IL (Michael Marx) writes:
[stuff related to Eliza deleted]
>Now I am looking for 2 other program, both similar to "Doctor" and
>"Eliza", they are:
>
>1) Parry (sp?) - A paranoid person.
>2) Racter - Basically a story teller, but an 'expert system' with
>a personality, more amusing than educating.
>Please advice where I can find those 2 systems,

If I'm not mistaken, Racter was a commercial program released around 1984 -
or at least the PeeCee version has that as its copyright date. I have a
moldy copy of Racter running around, but without the long-lost docs it's
rather hard to do more than muck around with the databases and watch it
get repetitious.

--
|     John M. Hughes      | "...unfolding in consciousness at the            |
| datalog.com!moondog!jmh | deliberate speed of pondering."  - Daniel Dennet |

leonr@dcs.glasgow.ac.uk (Dr Ruben Leon) (05/07/91)

Does anybody have a list of AI software from public ftp sites ? If
not perhaps we should compile one and update it periodically.  Any
suggestions ?  Please post your views here for everyone to read rather
than personal email.  Thanks.

In article <1991May6.022811.5368@coyote.datalog.com> jmh@coyote.datalog.com (John Hughes) writes:
>In article <marx.673396347@shum> marx@SHUM.HUJI.AC.IL (Michael Marx) writes:
>[stuff related to Eliza deleted]
>>Now I am looking for 2 other program, both similar to "Doctor" and
>>"Eliza", they are:
>>
>>1) Parry (sp?) - A paranoid person.
>>2) Racter - Basically a story teller, but an 'expert system' with
--
Dr.R.E. Leon,Computing Science Dept || Tel: 44 41+ 330 4264  / 330 4463
Glasgow University, Scotland	    || Fax: 44 41+ 330 4913

gowj@novavax.UUCP (James Gow) (05/11/91)

In article <1991May7.132720.11773@dcs.glasgow.ac.uk> leonr@dcs.glasgow.ac.uk (Dr Ruben Leon) writes:
>Does anybody have a list of AI software from public ftp sites ? If
>not perhaps we should compile one and update it periodically.  Any
>suggestions ?  Please post your views here for everyone to read rather
>than personal email.  Thanks.

Sounds like a good idea. Please include accurate information regarding site
address.
linc
james