[comp.ai.edu] ftp'ing AI software

eddi@gmdzi.gmd.de (Edgar Sommer) (05/08/91)

leonr@dcs.glasgow.ac.uk (Dr Ruben Leon) writes:

>Does anybody have a list of AI software from public ftp sites ? If
>not perhaps we should compile one and update it periodically.  Any
>suggestions ?  Please post your views here for everyone to read rather
>than personal email.  Thanks.

hear,hear!

i have recently ftp'ed several (potentially) interesting sources:

1. MVL	-- "multi valued logic", a environment for exploring the same;
	Common Lisp code; 'advertised' in Spring '91 AI Magazine;
	available from
			t.stanford.edu
	[Matt Ginsberg]

2. QSIM	-- "qualitative simulation", an environment for exploring
	qualitative physics/reasoning; Common Lisp code;
	available from
			cs.utexas.edu
	[Ben Kuipers et al.]

3. Protos -- case-based reasoning 'apprentice'; Common Lisp code;
	available from
			cs.utexas.edu
	[E. Ray Bareiss and Bruce W. Porter]

i'm sure there's a lot more out there -- a comprehensive list
would be a Good Thing.

always remember ftp etiquette, AVOID local office hours,
include these generous people in your prayers or whatnot,
and retain a thankful frame-of-mind, cyberspace is still a baby..

eddi

eddi sommer        eddi%gmdzi%unido@uunet.uu.net    ormaybe:   eddi@gmdzi.gmd.DE
	    --> A bank of loam gave way to gorse and bramble. [Erskine Childers]
				  <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<<

marx@VMS.HUJI.AC.IL (Michael M. Marx / Jerusalem, Israel) (05/10/91)

gowj@novavax.UUCP (James Gow) (05/16/91)

In article <1149@shum.huji.ac.il> marx@vms.huji.ac.il writes:
>>i have recently ftp'ed several (potentially) interesting sources:

I ahve tried to ftp some programs called mike1 mike 2 and summers and not
been able to extract them on my pc. The docs that is in the host directory
sayas they are self extracting, how ever they dont seem to extract.
I believe it was Michael covington who posted these but I lost your address
mike so if you can help me with this I 'd appreciate it.
linc
james

yourmachine% ftp aisun1.ai.uga.edu    or   ftp 128.192.12.9
user name:   anonymous
password:    (type your email address in place of password)
ftp>  cd ai.prolog

ftp>  binary

ftp>  get mike1.exe
ftp>  get mike2.exe
ftp>  get summers.exe
ftp>  quit

Michael A. Covington | Artificial Intelligence Programs

The University of Georgia  |  Athens, GA 30602   U.S.A.

vinson@linc.cis.upenn.edu (Jack Vinson) (05/23/91)

In article <4679@gmdzi.gmd.de> eddi@gmdzi.gmd.de (Edgar Sommer) writes:

>i have recently ftp'ed several (potentially) interesting sources:
>
>2. QSIM	-- "qualitative simulation", an environment for exploring
>	qualitative physics/reasoning; Common Lisp code;
>	available from
>			cs.utexas.edu
>	[Ben Kuipers et al.]

There is soon to be a brand-spanking-new version of QSIM, hopefully available
for ftp with Xwindow interfacing.  They keep telling me it will be ready
tomorrow, you know how those last minute production details can slow things
down...

Another qualitative physics package, QPE -Qualitative Process Engine- by Ken
Forbus (formerly of U of Illinois, now at Northwestern) is available by
anonymous ftp from
	cs.uiuc.edu
	pub/QPE		directory

"All you need in life are Guts (balance?), Distance and Symmetry"
						  -  Benjamin Horne
Jack Vinson				vinson@linc.cis.upenn.edu