[bionet.molbio.proteins] request for Michaelis Menten software.

BAIROCH@CGECMU51.BITNET (05/17/88)

From: <BAIROCH%CGECMU51.BITNET@CUNYVM.CUNY.EDU>

>He needs a program, which is able to solve the MICHAELIS-MENTEN-EQUATION.
>It should run with ms-dos.

Biosoft (Elsevier) distributes a curve fitting package for MS-DOS/PC-DOS,
it is called ENZFITTER, works under MS/PC-DOS with any compatible with a
graphic card emulating either CGA, EGA or Hercules. Among other types of
equations it can fit (and plot) a Michaelis-Menten curve. It can import
data from an ASCII file or from a Lotus 123 PRN file.

It cost US$ 249.- or UK 125.-

It is available from: BIOSOFT
                      P.O. Box 98              P.O. Box 580
                      Cambridge CB2 1LB        Miltown N.J. 08850
                      U.K.                     U.S.A.

-I have only played with it myself for a few minutes so I can not give a
 good judgement on its capacities (except that there is a good context
 sensitive help system). However I know two persons which are using it a
 lot and which seems to find it very useful.

Amos