[net.micro] C64 Beetle

CKK@CMU-CS-C.ARPA (02/15/84)

From: Chris Koenigsberg <CKK@CMU-CS-C.ARPA>
Subject: C64 Beetle
Attention: Micro bboard
	It seems that the posts lately have been divided
between those who debate the merits of the new Mac, discuss
chip architecture and clock speed, and those who have
commodore 64's. Is the C64 the computer analogue of the old
Volkswagen Beetle, i.e., everything about it can be beat by
some other make, but there's an awful lot of them out there?
	I bought a C64 and had high expectations for it, but it
has been relegated to a dust-gathering toy. When I work around
TOPS20, VAX/VMS, VAX/UNIX, PERQS, PC's, 68000's, the C64
doesn't cut it. I have found that most commercially available
C64 software is extremely poor, and I haven't had the time for
my own system development, although I have visions of a musical
instrument built up in FORTH.

	Comments welcome....ckk@cmu-cs-c.arpa
			ckk@cmu-cs-g.arpa
		    ck0c@cmccte on DECNET or BITNET
		Chris Koenigsberg, MMC 204 SUPA
		Carnegie-Mellon University, Pgh., Pa. 15213 USA
-------
-------

porter@inuxd.UUCP (J Porter) (02/20/84)

+
I hope you weren't expecting a VAX for $200 when you bought your 64.
Let's compare apples to apples (or apples to 64s), huh?

Jeff Porter  (inuxd!porter)

farber@udel-ee.arpa (04/07/84)

From:      Dave Farber <farber@udel-ee.arpa>

Better yet , when is Microsoft going to relase the version for the PC that
puts color on a RGB!!!!