[bionet.molbio.proteins] rat codon frequency tables

gwilliam@crc.ac.uk (Gary Williams x3294) (03/19/91)

Before I start doing it myself - has anyone compiled codon frequency tables
for coding sequences of rat proteins. Can you send it on to me please, if you
have.

We would also be interested in human, mouse and bovine frequency tables.

Thanks in advance,
Gary Williams

Computing Services Section,		Janet:       G.Williams@UK.AC.CRC
MRC-CRC & Human Genome Mapping Centre,	Internet:    G.Williams@CRC.AC.UK
Watford Rd, HARROW, Middx, HA1 3UJ, UK  EARN/Bitnet: G.Williams%CRC@UKACRL
Tel 081-869 3294   Fax 081-423 1275     Usenet: ...!mcsun!ukc!mrccrc!G.Williams

ccy@po.CWRU.Edu (Cheung C. Yue) (03/21/91)

In a previous article, gwilliam@crc.ac.uk (Gary Williams x3294) says:

>Before I start doing it myself - has anyone compiled codon frequency tables
>for coding sequences of rat proteins. Can you send it on to me please, if you
>have.
>
>We would also be interested in human, mouse and bovine frequency tables.

There is a tabulation in Nucleic Acids Research 14:r151-r197, 1986, which
includes quite a number of species.  I am not aware of any update on that
tabulation.

Hope this helps.
--

dkatz@GCG.COM (Don Katz - Genetics Computer Group) (03/21/91)

> There is a tabulation in Nucleic Acids Research 14:r151-r197, 1986, which
> includes quite a number of species.  I am not aware of any update on that
> tabulation.

Most recent tabulation is Wada et al., Codon usage tabulated from the
GenBank genetic sequence data. NAR 18(suppl):2367-2411, 1990

gilbertd@cricket.bio.indiana.edu (Don Gilbert) (03/21/91)

In article <9103202154.AA20653@gcg.com> dkatz@GCG.COM (Don Katz - Genetics Computer Group) writes:
>> There is a tabulation in Nucleic Acids Research 14:r151-r197, 1986, which
>> includes quite a number of species.  I am not aware of any update on that
>> tabulation.
>
>Most recent tabulation is Wada et al., Codon usage tabulated from the
>GenBank genetic sequence data. NAR 18(suppl):2367-2411, 1990

To refresh our network memory, Mike Cherry has a more recent set of codon
tables for 50 species available in useable, electronic form.  Try anonymous
ftp to:
frodo.mgh.harvard.edu                   Codon usage tables for all major species
132.183.190.10                          (GCG format)
( [.codon] )

Contact: Mike Cherry*, cherry@frodo.mgh.harvard.edu

-- don

--
Don Gilbert                                     gilbert@bio.indiana.edu

harper@csc.fi (03/22/91)

In article <1991Mar20.221406.26446@bronze.ucs.indiana.edu>, gilbertd@cricket.bio.indiana.edu (Don Gilbert) writes:
Dg> In article <9103202154.AA20653@gcg.com> dkatz@GCG.COM (Don Katz - Genetics Computer Group) writes:
Dg>>> There is a tabulation in Nucleic Acids Research 14:r151-r197, 1986, which
Dg>>> includes quite a number of species.  I am not aware of any update on that
Dg>>> tabulation.
Dg>>
Dg>>Most recent tabulation is Wada et al., Codon usage tabulated from the
Dg>>GenBank genetic sequence data. NAR 18(suppl):2367-2411, 1990
Dg>
Dg> To refresh our network memory, Mike Cherry has a more recent set of codon
Dg> tables for 50 species available in useable, electronic form.  Try anonymous
Dg> ftp to:
Dg> frodo.mgh.harvard.edu                   Codon usage tables for all major species
Dg> 132.183.190.10                          (GCG format)
Dg> ( [.codon] )
Dg>
Dg> Contact: Mike Cherry*, cherry@frodo.mgh.harvard.edu

In Europe you can get the codon usage tables from bioftp.unibas.ch
Contact: Reinhard Doelz  at  Doelz@urz.unibas.ch

You will also find a few other interesting databases at that site.

-=ROB=-