[bionet.molbio.evolution] RFLP review?

GORDON.BRADSHAW@BIONET-20.BIO.NET (Toby Bradshaw) (12/15/88)

I'm beginning an RFLP map of a tree genome.  Are there any good reviews of
the theory, practice, and computer analysis of RFLP data?  Good books would
be helpful, too.  Does anybody out there "factory blot" on this kind of scale?
What kind of equipment do you use for data acquisition an analysis?  Any
answers, no matter how condescending, are welcome.

Toby Bradshaw
Biocem. SJ-70
UW
Seattle, WA  98195
(206)543-4662
gordon.bradshaw@bionet-20.bio.net

P.S.  Joe Felsenstein, please report to your office.
-------

kramerj@bionette.CS.ORST.EDU (Jack Kramer - CMBL) (12/15/88)

In article <12454448154.30.GORDON.BRADSHAW@BIONET-20.BIO.NET> GORDON.BRADSHAW@BIONET-20.BIO.NET (Toby Bradshaw) writes:
>I'm beginning an RFLP map of a tree genome.  Are there any good reviews of
>the theory, practice, and computer analysis of RFLP data?  Good books would
>be helpful, too.  Does anybody out there "factory blot" on this kind of scale?
>What kind of equipment do you use for data acquisition an analysis?  Any
>answers, no matter how condescending, are welcome.

The new "Mathematical Methods for DNA Sequences" by M. S. Waterman has a
good chapter on RFLP mapping.  I recommend asking your library to get a
copy since it costs $150.

Jack Kramer