[unix-pc.uucp] TrailBlazer S-register settings for Unix-PC ?

pat@orac.pgh.pa.us (Pat Barron) (03/29/89)

Can someone send me a list of the proper S-register settings for a
TrailBlazer Plus on a Unix-PC?  I've tried a set of "intuitive" settings,
but uucico gets as far as the startup handshake, and locks up after that.

I need to talk to a number of different machines at all different
baud rates, so settings that either handle autobaud on the modem,
or locked interface speed, would be most useful.

Thanks,
--Pat.

--
Pat Barron
Internet:  pat@orac.pgh.pa.us  - or -   orac!pat@gateway.sei.cmu.edu

kevin@kosman.UUCP (Kevin O'Gorman) (03/30/89)

In article <175@orac.pgh.pa.us> pat@orac.pgh.pa.us (Pat Barron) writes:
>Can someone send me a list of the proper S-register settings for a
>TrailBlazer Plus on a Unix-PC?  I've tried a set of "intuitive" settings,
>but uucico gets as far as the startup handshake, and locks up after that.
>
>I need to talk to a number of different machines at all different
>baud rates, so settings that either handle autobaud on the modem,
>or locked interface speed, would be most useful.

You should know that there's a problem with locked interface speeds with
the TB+ and the UNIX PC.  It works fine with most sites, but when you
send or receive a call to a UNIX PC's OBM, the conversation will fail.
Actually, there are two things you have to avoid when conversing with
OBM: locking the interface speed, and MNP support.