[bionet.molbio.news] Greetings from John Wills

daemon@ig.UUCP (11/25/87)

From: SYEH@BIONET-20.ARPA

24-Nov-87 14:02:27-PST,1679;000000000011
Date: Tue 24 Nov 87 14:02:00-PST
From: John Wills  <JWILLS@BIONET-20.ARPA>
Subject: Reply to welcome message, try #3
To: Bionet@BIONET-20.ARPA
cc: Horner@BIONET-20.ARPA

interests, I am a retrovirologist here at LSU Medical School in
Shreveport, Louisiana. We are  studying the capsid-like protein of
Rous sarcoma virus and (very soon) the AIDS virus, HIV. To this
end we are using a site-specific mutagenesis approach where by
mutations are introduced using specific synthetic oligonucleotides.

Ours is a young lab -- I only joined the Department of Biochemistry
and Molecular Biology as an Assistant Professor this past August.
Previously I was on the faculty at Oklahoma STate University for
two years. At the moment, we have one postdoc (REbecca Craven),
one graduate student (Robert Weldon), and a very new technician (Joe Achacoso).

I am looking forward to interacting with Bionet.  I must say that
I was quite pleased with the helpfulness and enthusiasm of the
teaching staff during my recent visit. If this message arrives,
it will be in part due to their help (and in part due to luck, I'm afraid!!!).

Thank-you for your message.

Sincerely,

John W. Wills, Assistant Professor of Biochemistry
-------