[bionet.molbio.methds-reagnts] Drosophila P-element vector list request

tjames@eagle.wesleyan.edu (03/30/91)

I would like to know whether there are any P-element vectors with markers other
than rosy, white or neomycin. I particularly interested in markers that do not
affect eye colour. Also if there is a list of all P-element vectors in some
database, could someone be willing to make it available to me ?
Thanks very much in advance.
Tharappel C. James
Departtment of Molecular Biology
Wesleyan University
Middletown, CT 06459-0175
U. S. A.
tjames@beaver.wesleyan.edu OR
tjames%beaver@wesleyan.bitnet

gilbertd@cricket.bio.indiana.edu (Don Gilbert) (03/30/91)

In article <1991Mar29.111631.40948@eagle.wesleyan.edu> tjames@eagle.wesleyan.edu writes:
>I would like to know whether there are any P-element vectors with markers other
>than rosy, white or neomycin. I particularly interested in markers that do not
>affect eye colour. Also if there is a list of all P-element vectors in some
>database, could someone be willing to make it available to me ?

The fly stockcenter at IU keeps a P-element stock list available via anonymous
ftp to iubio.bio.indiana.edu, in subdirectory [archive.fly], as
plist.txt and plist.readme and newp.txt.   For further info, contact
Kathy Matthews,  MATTHEWK@UCS.INDIANA.EDU.

-- Don

--
Don Gilbert                                     gilbert@bio.indiana.edu