[alt.aquaria] Building my own Fish Pond

john@hpdslab.UUCP (11/21/87)

   I have been working on a pond in my backyard for some time and
 I am almost finished. I am at the point where I am trying to find
 the best way to seal it.  Anyone have any good advice?

* John Fereira 	       |{ucbvax, hplabs}!hpda!hpdsla!john     [UUCP]  *
* c/o Hewlett-Packard  |john@hpdsla                           [SMTP]  *
* 1266 Kifer Road      |                                              *
* Sunnyvale, CA  94086 | 408-746-5116                         [AT&T]  *
*                 Ask me about my vow of silence                      *

halo@cognos.uucp (Hal O'Connell) (11/26/87)

In article <3970001@hpdslab.HP.COM> john@hpdslab.UUCP writes:

>   I have been working on a pond in my backyard for some time and
> I am almost finished. I am at the point where I am trying to find
> the best way to seal it.  Anyone have any good advice?

I don't know if this good advice or not, but in texts on landscaping
and aquaculture that I have seen they generally recommend a heavy
polythene (ethel, propyl, et al) lining, at least 8 or 9 mil.

After that they get into developing tanks (concrete, fibreglass, etc.)
rather than ponds.

Disclaimer: The opinions expressed here should not be attributed
            to any sentient being, nor do they represent those of
	    my corporate affiliate...;-}

--
Hal O'Connell		decvax!utzoo!dciem!nrcaer!cognos!halo
Cognos Incorporated	P.O. Box 9707