[alt.aquaria] HELP...thread algae!

schoen@hpindda.HP.COM (Dave Schoen) (01/13/88)

Howdy,
   I have had tropical fish for a *long* time but recently I have encountered
a new problem.  How the heck do you get rid of algae that grows as very long
threads?  Has anyone been successful in controling this kind of algae (*NOT*
to be confused with the fuzzy stuff).
  Thanks for any help...

dks

In article <6890002@hpindda.HP.COM> schoen@hpindda.HP.COM (Dave Schoen) writes:

>Howdy,
>   I have had tropical fish for a *long* time but recently I have encountered
>a new problem.  How the heck do you get rid of algae that grows as very long
>threads?  Has anyone been successful in controling this kind of algae (*NOT*
>to be confused with the fuzzy stuff).
>  Thanks for any help...

Algae needs light and nutrients to grow.  You are supplying too much
of one or the other.

--
         "...and the morning sun has yet to ride my hood ornament"
                          richard@gryphon.CTS.COM