[alt.aquaria] Live Rock?

bruceb@telesoft.UUCP (Bruce Bergman @spot) (03/21/88)

Hmmmm.  This sounds fascinating!  Exactly what, pray tell, are live rock?

Is it a sponge-like entity or is it merely rocks with lots of living
things stuck to it?  How hard are they to keep (sounds real easy)?  Do
they require anything beyond a marine environment?  Anyone have some
sample prices and locations to obtain these?  Are they colored?  Do they
need a certain amount of room or special care?

Sorry for all the questions; they just sound interesting...

bruce
--
allegra!\                         TeleSoft, Inc.
ihnp4!   \   crash!--\            (619) 457-2700 x123
           >--ucsd!---->--telesoft!bruceb (Bruce Bergman N7HAW)
scgvaxd!  /           /
ucbvax!  /  log-hb!--/            5959 Cornerstone Court West
uunet!  /                         San Diego, CA.  92121-9891
Any opinions are my own.  Make Wildfire a Thing of the Past.

spikes@hpscdc.HP.COM (Bill Spikes) (03/23/88)

Live rock ?  The only live rock I've seen down there ate my Abalone iron.
It tried for my fins but I was too quick for it. O-)  Is there a market
for all the dead rocks I keep running into down there ?

Bill

bing@mcnc.org (Carter E. Bing) (03/24/88)

In article <9580001@hpscdc.HP.COM>, spikes@hpscdc.HP.COM (Bill Spikes) writes:
> Live rock ?  The only live rock I've seen down there ate my Abalone iron.
> It tried for my fins but I was too quick for it. O-)  Is there a market
> for all the dead rocks I keep running into down there ?
>
> Bill

       Bill the market is really for the creatures you might find
living on or in the  rock.
         THERE IS A BIG MARKET OUT THERE!!!!!!

                           Carter
                           bing@mcnc.org