[net.micro] Terminal Emulator for TI

Ruvolo%cwru20@sri-unix.UUCP (04/02/84)

From:  Joe Ruvolo <Ruvolo@cwru20>

Hello,

	I was wondering how many of you out there have had the misfortune
of trying to use the Terminal Emulator II package that TI supplies for
the TI 99/4A?  If you are one, don't feel so bad, because I am a sucker too.

	I bought the cartridge with the thought that it would make full
use of the RS232 port that the hardware provides.  Well, as you may know,
it (the cartridge) doesn't quite fit the bill.  It doesn't allow you to
change the start and stop bits.  It only handles data in 7 bit chunks,
not 8, etc., etc., etc.  Yes, the hardware can handle it, but their
*&%@#(^% piece of software cannot control it.

	So, my question is . . .does anyone know of a terminal emulator
for the 99/4A that I can get that will talk to a computer who uses those
'funny' 8 bit data words??  Maybe someone out there has written one up
or has some ideas on what procedures to follow if I were to write one up.
I'd appreciate replies to the net.

jpr

P.S.  hey TI . . . .     FLAME OFF!!!!!
-------

Ruvolo%cwru20@sri-unix.UUCP (04/18/84)

From:  Joe Ruvolo <Ruvolo@cwru20>

29-Mar-84 13:12:05-EST,1220;000000000001
Date: Thu 29 Mar 84 13:11:39-EST
From: Joe Ruvolo <Ruvolo@CWRU20>
Subject: Terminal Emulator for TI
To: info-micros%cucs20@CUCS20
cc: ruvolo@CWRU20

[...]

I'd appreciate replies to the net, but my address is

ruvolo%cwru20@cucs20

Tnx,

jpr
-------