[alt.aquaria] Cancellation and Suspicion

In article <QZ11Ixds8@ficc.uu.net> jeffd@ficc.uu.net (jeff daiell) writes:
>In article <10979@attctc.Dallas.TX.US>, rissa@attctc.Dallas.TX.US (Patricia O Tuama) writes:
>> In article <LB01M66xds8@ficc.uu.net> jeffd@ficc.uu.net (jeff daiell) writes:
>> >That posting could only be considered malicious if there had been no
>> >air of hanky-panky during the con.aquaria vote.  Since there was, my
>> >posting was quite reasonable.
>>
>> No, your posting wasn't reasonable, Jeff.  Not at all -- even if you
>> could prove the assertion you are making here, it was malicious behav-
>> ior on your part to have given into hTom Rounds' hysteria
>
>I think it's evident there was an air of hanky-panky surrounding
>the vote, Trisha (or are you one of those who claim Watergate will prove
>to be a mere mistake when all the facts come out?).  Starting with
>the misnaming for the purpose of defrauding certain sites, and going
>on to various questions about the vote.   Given that and the general

Hanky panky my slattern aunt Fanny!

Dickie came out at the very beginning and stated the reasoning
for the name of the group, and was badgered and hooted by a load
of net.fascist.morons for having the gumption to do something
about net.prejudice against rec groups.

Then when it became obvious that those opposed to the group
were waging a bush-beating campaign to prevent its accession,
he began politicking in order to save the proposal.  In the
resulting fistfight, sides were taken and a few unscrupulous
persons, contrary to the wishes and in flagrant disregard
of the efforts of the vote-takers, did a few unconscionable
things that, nevertheless, had absolutely no material
effect on the outcome.

You and I and the rest of the net know that 99% of the yes-
votes for this group were genuine, that even if 6% had been
forged and subsequently disqualified the group still would
have passed, and that there was forgery in the dissenting
votes as well as attempts to reduce Dickie's capacity to
complete the vote count (although this was predicated on
the load it was generating at gryphon, rather than the
politics of gryphon's administration).

Nowhere in there did Dickie ever give the impression that
he would cause to fail anyone else's vote on any topic
whatsoever.  In fact the only conclusion you could assume
is that he'd be in favor of creation of almost any
newsgroup, no matter how it may extend beyond the de facto
parameters of the known net.

Your position that he is marked by his past actions as a
net.person not to be trusted are, therefore, totally without
rational basis.

				--Blair
				  "Look who's asking 'Who is Daffy?'!"

link@stew.ssl.berkeley.edu (Richard Link) (01/15/90)

In article <QZ11Ixds8@ficc.uu.net> jeffd@ficc.uu.net (jeff daiell) writes:
>In article <10979@attctc.Dallas.TX.US>, rissa@attctc.Dallas.TX.US (Patricia O Tuama) writes:
>> In article <LB01M66xds8@ficc.uu.net> jeffd@ficc.uu.net (jeff daiell) writes:
>> >That posting could only be considered malicious if there had been no

Could you please leave your personal diatribes off the net.
I'm here to discuss fish, not your personal opinions of others.

Richard Link, Ph.D.
Space Sciences Laboratory

P.S. Apologies to other readers for using up bandwidth responding to these
     turkeys. However, I guess tha point needs to be made.

tims@cci632.UUCP (Tim Sullivan) (01/16/90)

In article <1990Jan15.084206.13755@agate.berkeley.edu> link@stew.ssl.berkeley.edu (Richard Link) writes:
>In article <QZ11Ixds8@ficc.uu.net> jeffd@ficc.uu.net (jeff daiell) writes:
>
>Could you please leave your personal diatribes off the net.
>I'm here to discuss fish, not your personal opinions of others.

Agreed, I enjoy reading postings of fish related articles.  If you folks must
take shots at each other please do it privately!

rissa@attctc.Dallas.TX.US (Patricia O Tuama) (01/16/90)

In article <33123@cci632.UUCP> tims@ccird5.UUCP (Tim Sullivan) writes:
>In article <1990Jan15.084206.13755@agate.berkeley.edu> link@stew.ssl.berkeley.edu (Richard Link) writes:
>>In article <QZ11Ixds8@ficc.uu.net> jeffd@ficc.uu.net (jeff daiell) writes:
>>Could you please leave your personal diatribes off the net.
>>I'm here to discuss fish, not your personal opinions of others.
>Agreed, I enjoy reading postings of fish related articles.  If you folks must
>take shots at each other please do it privately!

Please leave my name out of this -- Jeff Daiell has repeatedly directed
followups to the aquaria groups (all of which I have ignored) and has in-
sisted on continuing this discussion there himself.  I suggest you com-
plain to him personally, maybe you'll have better luck persuading him to
move his remarks to some other newsgroup.

Followups to alt.flame.  And that means you too, Jeff.