[alt.hypertext] Hypertext biblography

subraman@andromeda.rutgers.edu (Ramesh Subramanian) (01/29/88)

MY APOLOGIES FOR SENDING MAIL THRU' THE NET. MY MAIL MSGS. GOT RETURNED.

Hi, Craig Thompson and Todd Kaufmann:

Craig: Thanks for sending me the hypertext bib. , ori.posted as
       "Hypermedia Ref. (1 of 3)" by Darrell Long in comp.os.research.
       It will be very helpful.
       I wonder if you could ack. this, so that I can use the auto.reply
       and try to reach you, and update you on what's going on (very
       preliminary) at Rutgers(newark-Grad.Sch.of Mgmt) & New Jersey Inst.
       of Tech.
Todd: Thanks for your offer to send me the BROWN bib. on hypertext. I'm
      just doing whatevr reading I can , now, in order to try and get a
      dissertation idea in Hypertext. I'm quite new to this field. I'd be
      glad to get the bib. from you.

Thank you again, both of you, and again , apologies to the rest (maybe you
could use the bibliography, too).
Ramesh Subramanian
Email (UUCP): ...!rutgers!andromeda!subraman
Voice : (201) 565-9290
USmail: 101 Bleeker St. Box#85
        Newark, NJ 07102.

viking@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu (02/03/88)

/* Written 11:34 am  Jan 28, 1988 by subraman@andromeda in iuvax:alt.hypertext */

> Hi, Craig Thompson and Todd Kaufmann:
>
> Craig: Thanks for sending me the hypertext bib. , ori.posted as
>        "Hypermedia Ref. (1 of 3)" by Darrell Long in comp.os.research.
>        It will be very helpful.
>        I wonder if you could ack. this, so that I can use the auto.reply
>        and try to reach you, and update you on what's going on (very
>        preliminary) at Rutgers(newark-Grad.Sch.of Mgmt) & New Jersey Inst.
>        of Tech.
> Todd: Thanks for your offer to send me the BROWN bib. on hypertext. I'm
>       just doing whatevr reading I can , now, in order to try and get a
>       dissertation idea in Hypertext. I'm quite new to this field. I'd be
>       glad to get the bib. from you.

Craig and Todd,

Would it be possible to forward a copy of this information to me.  Your help
and information is greatly appreicated....thank you very much.

Jon Backstrom                "Yah sure...we gonna have fun, you bet!"
Computer Science Department
Indiana University           ARPA: viking@iuvax.cs.indiana.edu
Bloomington, IN  47405       UUCP: {pyramid,ihnp4,pur-ee,rutgers}!iuvax!viking

Robert_C_Tellefson@cup.portal.com (02/06/88)

I placed a request for bibliographic material related to hypertext in
comp.databases a couple of weeks ago.

In that request, I said that I would post the results if sufficient
interest was shown.  There was quite a bit of interest.  Approximately
half of the responses were simply encouragements for posting.

The other half provided useful bibliographic leads.

At the time, I was unaware of alt.hypertext.  Looking at it now, it seems
that discussion of it's demise is premature.  I vote for giving it some
more time to develop.

I am posting the summary of what I received here and am going to email
notice of its posting to all those that encouraged me.  Perhaps this will
attract some more interested parties who, like myself, were unaware of
this conference.

Robert 'Bob' Tellefson           UUCP:  tellefson@cup.portal.com
RCT Design                 Compuserve:  73417,545
                                Genie:  R.TELLEFSON
                                Voice:  (408) 749-9826
                                 USPS:  663 S. Bernardo #7
                                        Sunnyvale, CA 94087

     ---------------------- begin summary --------------------------

A number of people noted:

From: bsmith@CED.Berkeley.EDU (Brian Smith)

From: carballo@csd2.nyu.edu (Jose Perez-Carballo)
Additional references not included in the Brown bibliography:

[Arbib, Conklin, Hill 87]
Arbib, Michael, Jeffrey Conklin, and Jane Hill,
"From Schema Theory to Language",
Oxford University Press, 1987.

[Brachman 77]
Brachman, Ron J., "What's in a Concept: Structural Foundations for
Semantic Networks", In: International Journal of Man-Machine Studies,
Vol. 9, pp. 127-152, 1977.

[Conklin, Richter 85]
Conklin, Jeff and Charles Richter, "Support for Exploratory Design",
In: Proceedings of the AIAAACM/NASA/IEEE Computers in Aerospace V
Conference, American Institute of Aeronautics and
Astronautics, October 1985.  Also, MCC TR # STP-117-85.

[Conklin 86]
Conklin, Jeff, "A Theory and Tool for Coordination of Design
Conversations", MCC TR No. STP-236-86, MCC, Austin, Texas, 1986.

[Donelson 78]
Donelson, W. C., "Spatial Management of Information", ACM SIGGRAPH, 1978.

[Jones, Dumais 86]
Jones W. P. and S.  T. Dumais, "The Spatial Metaphor for User Interfaces:
Experimental Tests of Reference by Location Versus Name'' in ACM:TOOIS,
Vol. 4, No. 1, pp. 42-61, January 1986.

[Goldstein, Bobrow 84]
Goldstein, I.P. and D.G. Bobrow, "A Layered Approach to Software Design",
In: Interactive Programming Environments, D. Barstow, H. Shrobe, and
E. Sandewall, Eds., McGraw-Hill, pp. 387-413, 1984.

[Herot 80]
Herot, C.F., "Spatial Management of Data", ACM Trans. Database
Sys., Vol. 5, no. 4, pp. 493-514, December 1980.

[Hershey 84]
Hershey, William, "ThinkTank", In: BYTE, p. 189, May 1984.

[Horowitz, Williamson 86]
Horowitz, Ellis and Ronald Williamson, "SODOS: A Software Documentation
Support Environment -- Its Definition", In: IEEE Transactions on Software
Engineering, Vol. SE-12, No. 8, August 1986.

[Jacobs, Murray 84]
Jacobs, M.A. and D.J. Murray, In: FileVision, Telos Software
Products, Santa Monica, California, 1984.

[Jones 86]
Jones, W.P., "The Memory Extender Personal Filing System",
HI-138-85, MCC, Austin, Texas, January 1986.

[Karlgren, Walker 83]
Karlgren, H. and D.E. Walker, "The Polytext System- A New Design
for a Text Retrieval System", In: "Questions \ Answers", ed.
Fernec Kiefer, pp. 273-294, D.Reidel Publishing, 1983.

[Kimura 86]
Kimura, G.D., "A Structure Editor for Abstract Document Objects",
IEEE Trans. Software Eng., Vol. SE-12, no. 3, pp. 417-435,
March 1986.

[Knuth 84]
Knuth, Donald, "Literate Programming", In: Computer Journal, Vol. 27,
No. 2, pp. 97-111, May 1984.

[Larson 87]
Larson, Neil, In: MaxThink Journal, MaxThink, Piedmont, CA,
Vol. 2:3, January 1987.

[Nelson 81]
Nelson, T.H.,
In: "Literary Machines: The Report on, and of, Project Xanadu, Concerning
Word Processing, Electronic Publishing, Hypertext, Thinkertoys, Tomorrow's
Intellectual Revolution, and Certain other Topics Including Knowledge,
Education and Freedom",
available from the author ($15, 8480 Fredericksburg #138, San Antonio, TX
78229) 1981.

[Pitman 85]
Pitman, Kent M., "CREF: An Editing Facility for Managing Structured
Text", A.I. Memo No.829, M.I.T. A.I. Laboratory, Cambridge, Mass.,
February1985.

[Shneiderman, Morariu 86]
Shneiderman, Ben, and Janis Morariu, "The Interactive Encyclopedia System
(TIES)'', Department of Computer Science, University of Maryland, College
Park, MD 20742, June1986.

[Spezzano 86]
Spezzano, Charles, "Unconventional Outliners", In: PC World, p. 168,
March1986.

Thanks to Christopher Prince <sun!calgary!arcsun!chris> for taking the
time to pass Brown's very thorough bibliography on to me.

   Bibliography - Hypermedia bibliography from Brown (complete)

I used tags to identify the type of each record (Procite "workforms")
and then a set of three-character tags to mark each field. Each field
begins a new line, each record is separated by a blank space. Here is the
key to the coding.

::BOOKLONG:     chapter in a book
ANA:    analytic author
ANR:    analytic author role
ATL:    analytic title
MTL:    monographic title
AMR:    monographic author role
MOA:    monographic author
LOC:    location in book
STL:    series title
SVO:    series volume
SID:    series issue id
PLP:    place of publicatin
PUB:    publisher
DAT:    date

::JOURNALS      serial
ANA:    author
ATL:    article title
MTL:    journal title
VID:    volume number
IID:    issue number
LOC:    location in book
DAT:    date

::REPORT:
ANA:    analytic author
ATL:    title
MTL:    report title
AMR:    monographic author role
MOA:    monographic author
PUB:    publisher
AVL:    availability
PLP:    place of publicatin
STL:    series title
RID:    report id
DAT:    date

::BOOKSHORT     full book
MTL:    monographic title
MOA:    monographic author
PLP:    place of publicatin
PUB:    publisher
DAT:    date

::DISSERTATION:
ANA:    author
ATL:    title
PUB:    publisher
DAT:    date

::CONFPROC:
ANA:    analytic author
ATL:    title
AMR:    mongraphic author role
MOA:    monographic author
MTL:    monographic title
PLM:    place of meeting
DMT:    date of meeting
DAT:    date of publication

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Akscyn, Robert, McCracken, Donald L., and Yoder, Elise
ATL:KMS: A Distributed Hypertext System for Sharing Knowledge in Organizations
MTL:Hypertext '87 Papers
PLM:Chapel Hill, NC
DMT:November 13-15
DAT:1987

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Akscyn, Robert, and McCracken, Donald L.
ATL:The ZOG Approach to Database Management
MTL:Proceedings of the Trends and Applications Conference: Making Database Work
PLM:Gaithersburg, MD
DAT:May, 1984

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Allen, Todd, Nix, Robert, and Perlis, Alan
ATL:PEN: A hierarchical document editor
MTL:Proceedings of the ACM SIGPLAN/SIGOA Conference on Text Manipulation
PLM:Portland, Oregon
DAT:June, 1981

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Backer, D., and Gano, S.
ATL:Dynamically Alterable Videodisk Displays
MTL:Proceedings Graphics Interface 82
PLM:Toronto, Canada
DAT:May 1982

::JOURNALS:
ANA:Baskin, A. B.
ATL:Logic Nets: Variable-valued Logic Plus Semantic Networks
MTL:International Journal on Policy Analysis and Information Systems
VID:4
DAT:1980
LOC:269

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Beeman, William O., Anderson, Kenneth T., Bader, Gail, Larkin, James, McClar
d, Anne P., McQuillan, Patrick J., and Shields, Mark
ATL:Hypertext and Pluralism: From Lineal to Non-lineal Thinking
MTL:Hypertext '87 Papers
PLM:Chapel Hill, NC
DMT:November 13-15
DAT:1987

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Begeman, Michael L., Cook, P., Ellis, C., Graf, M., Rein, G., and Smith, T.
ATL:PROJECT NICK: Meetings Augmentation and Analysis
MTL:Computer-Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW '86) Proceedings
PLM:Austin, TX
DMT:December 3-5
DAT:1986

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Bender, W.
ATL:Imaging and Interactivity
MTL:Fifteenth Joint Conference on Image Technology
PLM:Tokyo, Japan
DMT:November
DAT:1984

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Bigelow, James, and Riley, Victor
ATL:Manipulating Source Code in DynamicDesign
MTL:Hypertext '87 Papers
PLM:Chapel Hill, NC
DMT:November 13-15
DAT:1987

::REPORT:
ANA:Biggerstaff, T., Ellis, C., Halasz, F. G., Kellog, C., Richter, C., and Webs
ter, D.
MTL:Information Management Challenges in the Software Design Process
STL:MCC Technical Report
RID:STP-039-87
DAT:January, 1987

::JOURNALS:
ANA:Bolt, R. A.
ATL:Put-that-there:  Voice and Gesture at the Graphics Interface
MTL:Computer Graphics
VID:15
IID:3
DAT:August 1980
LOC:262-270

::REPORT:
ANA:Bolt, R. A.
MTL:Spatial Data-Management, DARPA Report
PUB:MIT Architecture Machine Group
PLP:Cambridge, MA
DAT:1979

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Bolter, Jay David
ATL:Hypertext and Creative Writing
MTL:Hypertext '87 Papers
PLM:Chapel Hill, NC
DMT:November 13-15
DAT:1987

::JOURNALS:
ANA:Borning, Alan, Lenat, D. B., McDonald, D., Taylor, C., and Weyer, Steven A.
ATL:Knoesphere:  Toward a Searcher's Guide to Encylocpedic Knowledge
MTL:IJCAI-83
DAT:1983

::REPORT:
ANA:Brown, John Seely
MTL:Notes Concerning Design Functionality, Issues and Philosophy for an Authorin
gLand
PUB:Xerox Palo Alto Research Center
PLP:Palo Alto, CA
STL:Xerox PARC CIS Working Paper
DAT:February 1982

::BOOKLONG:
ANA:Brown, John Seely
ATL:Process versus Product:  A Perspective on Tools for Communal and Informal El
ectronic Learning
MTL:Education in the Electronic Age:  A Report from the Learning Lab
MOA:WNET/Thirteen Learning Lab
LOC:41-58
PLP:New York
DAT:1983

::BOOKLONG:
ANA:Brown, Peter J.
ATL:A Simple Mechanism for Authorship of Dynamic Documents
MTL:Text Processing and Document Manipulation: Proceedings of the International
Conference
AMR:editor
MOA:von Vliet, J. C.
LOC:34-42
PUB:Cambridge University Press
DAT:1986

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Brown, Peter J.
ATL:Turning Ideas into Products: the Guide System
MTL:Hypertext '87 Papers
PLM:Chapel Hill, NC
DMT:November 13-15
DAT:1987

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Buchert, R. F., Evers, K. H., and Santucci, P. R.
ATL:SADT/SAINT Simulation Technique
MTL:National Aerospace and Electronics Conference Proceedings
DAT:1981

::REPORT:
ANA:Bulick, Stephen
MTL:A Network Information Retrieval System
PUB:Bellcore Database Symposium, Bell Communications Research
DAT:September, 1987

::JOURNALS:
ANA:Bush, Vannevar
ATL:As We May Think
MTL:Atlantic Monthly
VID:176
IID:1
DAT:July 1945
LOC:101-108

::BOOKLONG:
ANA:Bush, Vannevar
ATL:Memex Revisited
MTL:Science Is Not Enough
MOA:Bush, Vannevar
LOC:75-101
PUB:William Morrow
DAT:1967

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Campbell, Brad, and Goodman, Joseph M.
ATL:HAM:  A General Purpose Hypertext Abstract Machine
MTL:Hypertext '87 Papers
PLM:Chapel Hill, NC
DMT:November 13-15
DAT:1987

::BOOKLONG:
ANA:Carmody, S. et al.
ATL:A Hypertext Editing System for the /360
MTL:Pertinent Concepts in Computer Graphics
AMR:editors
MOA:M. Faiman, and J. Nievergelt
LOC:63-88
PUB:University of Illinois Press
DAT:1969

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Cashin, P., Robinson, M., and Yates, D.
ATL:Experience with SCRAPBOOK, A Non-formatted Data Base System
MTL:Proceedings IFIPS Congress
DMT:1973

::JOURNALS:
ANA:Catano, J.
ATL:Poetry and Computers:  Experimenting with Communal Text
MTL:Computers and the Humanities
VID:13
DAT:1979
LOC:269-275

::REPORT:
ANA:Cattell, R. G.
MTL:An Entity-Based Database Interface
PUB:Xerox Palo Alto Research Center
PLP:Palo Alto, CA
STL:Technical Report
RID:CSL-79-9
DAT:August 1979

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Charney, Davida
ATL:Comprehending Non-Linear Text: The Role of Discourse Cues and Reading Strate
gies
MTL:Hypertext '87 Papers
PLM:Chapel Hill, NC
DMT:November 13-15
DAT:1987

::JOURNALS:
ANA:Charney, Davida, and Reder, L.
ATL:Designing interactive tutorials for computer users
MTL:Human-Computer Interaction
VID:2
LOC:297-317

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Collier, George H.
ATL:Thoth-II: Hypertext with Explicit Semantics
MTL:Hypertext '87 Papers
PLM:Chapel Hill, NC
DMT:November 13-15
DAT:1987

::REPORT:
ANA:Collier, George H.
MTL:Thoth-II:  A Hypertext Browser
PUB:Bell Communications Research
PLP:Morristown, NJ
STL:Technical Report, Artificial Intelligence and Information Science Research

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Combelic, D.
ATL:User Experience with New Software Methods (SADT)
MTL:Proceedings of the National Computer Conference
DAT:1978

::JOURNALS:
ANA:Conklin, Jeff
ATL:Hypertext: a Survey and Introduction
MTL:IEEE Computer
VID:20
IID:9
DAT:September, 1987
LOC:17-41

::REPORT:
ANA:Conklin, Jeff
MTL:A Survey of Hypertext
PUB:MCC Software Technology Program
PLP:Austin, TX
RID:MCC Technical Report STP-356-86
DAT:October 1986

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Conklin, Jeff, and Begeman, Michael L.
ATL:gIBIS: A Hypertext Tool for Team Design Deliberation
MTL:Hypertext '87 Papers
PLM:Chapel Hill, NC
DMT:November 13-15
DAT:1987

::BOOKLONG:
ANA:Corda, U., and Facchetti, G.
ATL:Concept Browser: A System for Interactive Creation of Dynamic Documentation
MTL:Text Processing and Document Manipulation: Proceedings of the International
Conference
AMR:editor
MOA:van Vliet, J. C.
PUB:Cambridge University Press
DAT:1986

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Crane, Gregory
ATL:From the Old to the New: Integrating Hypertexts into Traditional Scholarship
MTL:Hypertext '87 Papers
PLM:Chapel Hill, NC
DMT:Novewmber 13-15
DAT:1987

::REPORT:
ANA:Delisle, Norman
MTL:Neptune:  A Hypertext System for CAD Applications
PUB:Tektronix Computer Research Laboratory
PLP:Beaverton, OR
STL:Technical Report
RID:CR-85-50
DAT:January 1986

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Delisle, Norman, and Schwartz, Mayer
ATL:Context-A Partitioning Concept for Hypertext
MTL:Computer-Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW '86) Proceedings
PLM:Austin, TX
DMT:December 3-5
DAT:1986

::JOURNALS:
ANA:di Sessa, Andrea
ATL:A Principled Design for an Integrated Computational Environment
MTL:Human-Computer Interaction
VID:1
IID:1
DAT:1985
LOC:1-47

::JOURNALS:
ANA:di Sessa, Andrea, and Abelson, Harold
ATL:Boxer: A Reconstructable Computational Medium
MTL:Communications of the ACM
VID:29
IID:9
DAT:September, 1986
LOC:859-868

::REPORT:
ANA:Ehrlich, K., and Walker, Janet H.
ATL:High Functionality, Information Retrieval, and the Document Examiner
MTL:Personalized Intelligent Information Systems, Report on a Workshop (Breckenr
idge, CO)
AMR:editors
MOA:Fischer, G., and Nieper, H.
RID:87-9
DAT:1987

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Engelbart, Douglas C.
ATL:Authorship Provisions in Augment
MTL:IEEE 1984 COMPCON Proceedings
DAT:Spring, 1984

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Engelbart, Douglas C.
ATL:Collaboration Support Provisions in Augment
MTL:AFIPS Office Automation Conference
DAT:1984

::BOOKLONG:
ANA:Engelbart, Douglas C.
ATL:A Conceptual Framework for the Augmentation of Man's Intellect
MTL:Vistas in Information Handling, Volume 1
AMR:editors
MOA:Howerton, P. D., and Weeks, D. C.
LOC:1-29
PLP:Washington, D.C.
PUB:Spartan Books
DAT:1963

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Engelbart, Douglas C.
ATL:Coordinated Information Services for a Discipline or Mission-Oriented Commun
ity
MTL:Second Annual Computer Communications Conference
PLM:San Jose, CA
DAT:January, 1973

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Engelbart, Douglas C.
ATL:Design Considerations for Knowledge Workshop Terminals
MTL:AFIPS Conference Proceedings
DAT:1973

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Engelbart, Douglas C.
ATL:Toward Integrated Evolutionary Office Automation Systems
MTL:Proceedings of the International Engineering Management Conference
PLM:Denver, CO
DMT:October 16-18
DAT:1978

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Engelbart, Douglas C., and English, W. K.
ATL:A Research Center for Augmenting Human Intellect
MTL:AFIPS Proceedings, Fall Joint Computer Conference
DAT:Fall 1968

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Engelbart, Douglas C., Watson, R. W., and Norton, J. C.
ATL:The Augmented Knowledge Workshop
MTL:Proceedings of the National Computer Conference
PLM:Arlington, VA
DAT:1973

::JOURNALS:
ANA:English, W. K., Engelbart, Douglas C., and Berman, M. L.
ATL:Display-Selection Techniques for Text Manipulation
MTL:IEEE Transactions on Human Factors and Electronics
VID:HFE-8
IID:1
DAT:March 1967
LOC:5-15

::JOURNALS:
ANA:Fahnestock, J., and Secor, M.
ATL:Teaching Argument: A Theory of Types
MTL:College Compostion and Communication
VID:34
LOC:20-30

::BOOKLONG:
ANA:Fairchild, K. F., Poltrock, S. E., and Furnas, G. W.
ATL:SemNet: Three-dimensional Graphic Representations of Large Knowledge Bases
MTL:Cognitive Science and its Applications for Human-Computer Interaction
AMR:editor
MOA:Guindon, R.
PLP:Hillsdale, NJ
PUB:Lawrence Erlbaum Associates
DAT:in press

::BOOKLONG:
ANA:Feiner, S.
ATL:Interactive Documents
MTL:Design in the Information Environment
AMR:editors
MOA:Whitney, P., and Kent, C.
LOC:118-132
PLP:New York
PUB:Alfred Knopf
DAT:1985

::JOURNALS:
ANA:Feiner, S., Nagy, S., and van Dam, Andries
ATL:An Experimental System for Creating and Presenting Interactive Graphical Doc
uments
MTL:ACM Transactions on Graphics
VID:1
IID:1
DAT:January 1982
LOC:59-77

::JOURNALS:
ANA:Feiner, S., Nagy, S., and van Dam, Andries
ATL:An Integrated System for Creating and Presenting Complex Computer-Based Docu
ments
MTL:Computer Graphics
VID:15
IID:3
DAT:August 1981
LOC:181-189

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Feiner, S., Nagy, S., and van Dam, Andries
ATL:Online Documents Combining Pictures and Texts
MTL:Proceedings of the International Conference on Research Trends in Document P
reparation Systems
PLM:Lausanne, Switzerland
DMT:February 27-28
DAT:1981

::JOURNALS:
ANA:Foster, Edward
ATL:Outliners: A New Way of Thinking
MTL:Personal Computing
DAT:May, 1985
LOC:74

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Foster, G., and Stefik, M.
ATL:Cognoter, Theory and Practice of a Colab-orative Tool
MTL:Computer-Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW '86) Proceedings
PLM:Austin, TX
DMT:December 3-5
DAT:1986

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Frisse, Mark E.
ATL:Searching for Information in a Hypertext Medical Handbook
MTL:Hypertext '87 Papers
PLM:Chapel Hill, NC
DMT:November 13-15
DAT:1987

::DISSERTATION:
ANA:Frisse, Mark E.
ATL:Searching for Information in a Hypertext Medical Therapeutics Manual
PUB:Medical Information Group, Stanford University School of Medicine
DAT:1987

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Garg, Pankaj K.
ATL:Abstraction Mechanisms in Hypertext
MTL:Hypertext '87 Papers
PLM:Chapel Hill, NC
DMT:November 13-15
DAT:1987

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Garg, Pankaj K., and Scacchi, Walt
ATL:A Hypertext System to Manage Software Life Cycle Documents
MTL:The 21st Hawaii International Conference on Systems
PLM:Honolulu HI
DAT:1987

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Garg, Pankaj K., and Scacchi, Walt
ATL:On Designing Intelligent Hypertext Systems for Information Management in Sof
tware Engineering
MTL:Hypertext '87 Papers
PLM:Chapel Hill, NC
DMT:November 13-15
DAT:1987

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Garrett, L. N., and Smith, Karen E.
ATL:Building a Timeline Editor from Prefab Parts:  The Architecture of an Object
-oriented Application
MTL:Proceedings of the Conference on Object-oriented Programming Systems, Langua
ges and Applications (OOPSLA '86)
PLM:Portland, Oregon
DMT:September 29-October 2
DAT:1986

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Garrett, L. N., Smith, Karen E., and Meyrowitz, Norman
ATL:Intermedia:  Issues, Strategies, and Tactics in the Design of a Hypermedia D
ocument System
MTL:Computer-Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW '86) Proceedings
PLM:Austin, TX
DMT:December 3-5
DAT:1986

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Goldstein, I. P., and Bobrow, D. G.
ATL:Descriptions for a Programming Environment
MTL:Proceedings of the First Conference on AAAI
DMT:August 1980

::REPORT:
ANA:Goldstein, I. P., and Bobrow, D. G.
MTL:An Experimental Description-Based Programming Environment:  Four Reports
PUB:Xerox Palo Alto Research Center
PLP:Palo Alto, CA
STL:Technical Report
RID:CSL-81-3
DAT:March 1981

::REPORT:
ANA:Gonnet, Gaston H., and Tompa, Frank Wm
MTL:Mind Your Grammar: A New Approach to Modelling Text
PLP:Waterloo, Ontario
RID:OED-87-01
DAT:June 1986

::BOOKSHORT:
MOA:Goodman, Danny
MTL:The Complete HyperCard Handbook
PLP:New York
PUB:Bantam Books
DAT:1987

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Greenes, R. A.
ATL:Knowledge Management as an Aid to Medical Decision Making and Education: The
 Explorer-1 System
MTL:Proceedings MEDINFO '86
PLM:North-Holland
DAT:1986

::JOURNALS:
ANA:Gregory, R.
ATL:Xanadu-Hypertext from the Future
MTL:Dr. Dobb's Journal
IID:75
DAT:January, 1983
LOC:28-35

::REPORT:
ANA:Gullichsen, E., D'Souza, D., Lincoln, P., and Casey, T.
MTL:The PlaneTextBook
PUB:MCC Software Technology Program
PLP:Austin, TX
STL:MCC Technical Report
RID:STP-333-86(P)
DAT:1986

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Halasz, Frank G.
ATL:Reflections on NoteCards: Seven Issues for the Next Generation of Hypermedia
 Systems
MTL:Hypertext '87 Papers
PLM:Chapel Hill, NC
DMT:November 13-15
DAT:1987

::JOURNALS:
ANA:Halasz, Frank G., Moran, T. P., and Trigg, Randall H.
ATL:NoteCards in a Nutshell
MTL:CHI+GI 1987
DAT:April 1987

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Hammwohner, Rainer, and Thiel, Ulrich
ATL:Content Oriented Relations Between Text Units-A Structural Model for Hyperte
xts
MTL:Hypertext '87 Papers
PLM:Chapel Hill, NC
DMT:November 13-15
DAT:1987

::JOURNALS:
ANA:Herot, C., Carling, R., Friedell, M., and Kramlich, D.
ATL:A Prototype Spatial Data Management System
MTL:Computer Graphics
VID:14
IID:3
DAT:July 1980
LOC:63-70

::JOURNALS:
ANA:Hershey, W.
ATL:Idea Processors
MTL:BYTE
DAT:June, 1985

::JOURNALS:
ANA:Hiltz, Starr Roxanne
ATL:The 'Virtual Classroom': Using Computer-Mediated Communication for Universit
y Teaching
MTL:Journal of Communication
DAT:Spring, 1968
LOC:95-104

::BOOKSHORT:
MOA:Hiltz, Starr Roxanne, and Turoff, Murry
MTL:The Network Nation: Human Communication via Computer
PUB:Addison-Weseley
DAT:1978

::BOOKLONG:
ANA:Hjerppe, Roland
ATL:Project HYPERCATalog: Visions and preliminary conceptions of an extended and
 enhanced catalog
MTL:Intelligent Information Systems for the Information Society
AMR:editor
MOA:Brookes, B. C.
LOC:211-232
PLP:Amsterdam
PUB:Elsevier Science Publishers
DAT:1986

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Irby, C. H.
ATL:Display Techniques for Interactive Text Manipulation
MTL:AFIPS Conference Proceedings
DAT:1974

::JOURNALS:
ANA:Jonassen, D. H.
ATL:Hypertext principles for text and courseware design
MTL:Educational Psychologist
VID:21
DAT:1986
LOC:269-292

::JOURNALS:
ANA:Kay, Alan C.
ATL:Computer Software
MTL:Scientific American
VID:251
IID:3
DAT:September, 1984
LOC:53-59

::JOURNALS:
ANA:Kay, Alan C., and Goldberg, A.
ATL:Personal Dynamic Media
MTL:IEEE Computer
VID:10
IID:3
DAT:March 1987
LOC:31-43

::BOOKSHORT:
MOA:Kerr, Elaine, and Hiltz, Starr Roxanne
MTL:Computer-Mediated Communication Systems
PLP:New York
PUB:Academic Press
DAT:1982

::JOURNALS:
ANA:Kochen, M.
ATL:WISE: A World Information Sysnthesis and Encyclopedia
MTL:Journal of Documentation
VID:28
DAT:1972
LOC:322-343

::REPORT:
ANA:Koved, Larry
MTL:Restructuring Textual Information for Online Retrieval
PUB:IBM T.J. Watson Research Center
PLP:Yorktown Heights, NY
RID:11278(#50830)
DAT:July 23, 1985

::JOURNALS:
ANA:Lair, D. C., and Maron, M. E.
ATL:An Evaluation of Retrieval Effectiveness for a Full-text Document-Retrieval
System
MTL:Communications of the ACM
VID:28
IID:3
DAT:March 1985
LOC:289-299

::BOOKSHORT:
MOA:Lambert, Steve, and Ropiequet, Suzanne
MTL:CD ROM: The New Papyrus
PLP:Redmond WA
PUB:Microsoft Press
DAT:1986

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Landow, George P.
ATL:Context32: Using Hypermedia to Teach Literature
MTL:Proceedings of the 1987 IBM Academic Information Systems University AEP Conf
erence
DAT:1987

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Landow, George P.
ATL:Relationally Encoded Links and the Rhetoric of Hypertext
MTL:Hypertext '87 Papers
PLM:Chapel Hill, NC
DMT:November 13-15
DAT:1987

::JOURNALS:
ANA:Larson, J.
ATL:A Visual Approach To Browsing in a Database Environment
MTL:IEEE Computer
DAT:June, 1986

::REPORT:
ANA:Learning Research Group
MTL:Personal Dynamic Media
PUB:Xerox Palo Alto Reserach Center
PLP:Palo Alto, CA
STL:Technical Report
RID:SSL-76-1
DAT:March 1976

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Lenat, D. B., Borning, Alan, McDonald, D., Taylor, C., and Weyer, Steven A.
ATL:Knoesphere: Building Expert Systems with Encyclopedic Knowledge
MTL:Proceedings of the 8th International Joint Conference on Artificial Intellig
ence
PLM:Karslruhe, West Germany
DAT:1983

::JOURNALS:
ANA:Lenat, D. B., and Borning, Alan et al.
ATL:A Prototype Electronic Encyclopedia
MTL:ACM Transactions on Office Information Systems
VID:3
DAT:January 1985
LOC:63-88

::JOURNALS:
ANA:Lowe, David G.
ATL:Co-operative Structuring of Information: The Representation of Reasoning and
 Debate
MTL:International Journal of Man-Machine Studies
VID:23
DAT:1985
LOC:97-111

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Lowe, David G.
ATL:SYNVIEW: The Design of a System for Cooperative Structuring of Information
MTL:Computer-Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW '86) Proceedings
PLM:Austin, TX
DMT:December 3-5
DAT:1986

::JOURNALS:
ANA:Malone, T., Grant, K., Turbak, F., Brobst, S., and Cohen, M.
ATL:Intelligent Information-Sharing Systems
MTL:Communications of the ACM
VID:30
IID:5
DAT:May, 1987

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Mantei, M., and McCracken, Donald L.
ATL:Issue Analysis with ZOG, A Highly Interactive Man-machine Interface
MTL:Proceedings of the First International Symposium on Policy Analysis and Info
rmation Systems
DAT:1979

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Marshall, Catherine C.
ATL:Exploring Representation Problems Using Hypertext
MTL:Hypertext '87 Papers
PLM:Chapel Hill, NC
DMT:November 13-15
DAT:1986

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Maxemchuck, N. F., and Wilder, H. A.
ATL:Virtual Editing: I. The Concept
MTL:Proceedings of the Second International Workshop on Office Information Syste
ms
PLM:Couvent Royal de St. Maximin
DMT:October 13-15
DAT:1982

::JOURNALS:
ANA:McCracken, Donald L., and Akscyn, Robert
ATL:Experience with the ZOG Human-Computer Interface System
MTL:International Journal of Man-Machine Studies
VID:21
IID:2
DAT:1984
LOC:293-310

::REPORT:
ANA:McCracken, Donald L., and Akscyn, Robert
MTL:The ZOG Approach to Database Management
PUB:Carnegie-Mellon University
PLP:Pittsburgh, PA
RID:CS-34-113

::JOURNALS:
ANA:McQuillan, Patrick J.
ATL:Computers and Pedagogy: The Invisible Presence
MTL:Journal of Computer-Based Educational Research
DAT:1987

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Meyrowitz, Norman
ATL:Intermedia:  The Architecture and Construction of an Object-Oriented Hyperte
xt/Hypermedia System and Applications Framework
MTL:Proceedings of the Conference on Object-Oriented Programing Systems, Languag
es, and Applications (OOPSLA '86)
PLM:Portland, Oregon
DMT:September 29-October 2
DAT:1986

::REPORT:
ANA:Meyrowitz, Norman
MTL:Networks of Scholar's Workstations: End-User Computing in a University Commu
nity
PUB:Brown University, IRIS
PLP:Providence, RI
STL:IRIS Technical Report
RID:85-3
DAT:June 1985

::JOURNALS:
ANA:Michel, Stephen
ATL:Guide-A Hypertext Solution
MTL:CD-ROM Review
DAT:July/August 1987
LOC:22-24

::DISSERTATION:
ANA:Mohl, R. F.
ATL:Cognitive Space in the Interactive Movie Map: An Investigation of Spatial Le
arning in Virtual Environments
PUB:Department of Architecture, MIT
DAT:1982

::JOURNALS:
ANA:Monty, M. L.
ATL:Temporal Context and Memory for Notes Stored in the Computer
MTL:ACM SIGCHI Bulletin
VID:18
IID:2
DAT:October, 1986
LOC:50-51

::JOURNALS:
ANA:Monty, M. L., and Moran, T. P.
ATL:A Longitudinal Study of Authoring Using NoteCards
MTL:ACM SIGCHI Bulletin
VID:18
IID:2
DAT:October, 1986
LOC:59-60

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Negroponte, Nicholas
ATL:Books Without Pages
MTL:IEEE International Conference on Communications IV
DAT:1979

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Negroponte, Nicholas
ATL:An Idiosynchratic Systems Approach to Interactive Graphics
MTL:ACM/SIGGRAPH Workshop on User-Oriented Design of Interactive Graphics System
PLM:Pittsburgh, PA.
DAT:October, 1976

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Nelson, Theodor H.
ATL:As We Will Think
MTL:Online 72: Conference Proceedings of the International Conference on Online
Interactive Computing
PLM:Brunel University, Uxbridge, England
DMT:September, 1972
DAT:1973

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Nelson, Theodor H.
ATL:A Conceptual Framework for Man-Machine Everything
MTL:AFIPS National Computer Conference and Exposition, Proceedings
DAT:1973

::BOOKLONG:
ANA:Nelson, Theodor H.
ATL:Dream Machines:  New Freedoms through Computer Screens - A Minority Report
MTL:Computer Lib:  You Can and Must Understand Computers Now
PLP:Chicago, IL
PUB:Hugo's Book Service
DAT:1974

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Nelson, Theodor H.
ATL:A File Structure for the Complex, the Changing and the Indeterminate
MTL:Association for Computing Machinery, Proceedings of the National Conference,
 20th
DAT:1965

::BOOKLONG:
ANA:Nelson, Theodor H.
ATL:Getting it Out of our System
MTL:Information Retrieval:  A Critical View
AMR:Editor
MOA:G. Schecter
LOC:191-210
PLP:Washington, D.C.
PUB:Thompson Book Co.
DAT:1967

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Nelson, Theodor H.
ATL:The Hypertext
MTL:Proceedings International Documentation Federation Annual Conference
DMT:1965

::BOOKSHORT:
MOA:Nelson, Theodor H.
MTL:Literary Machines
PLP:Swathmore, PA
PUB:T.H. Nelson
DAT:1981

::JOURNALS:
ANA:Nelson, Theodor H.
ATL:A New Home for the Mind
MTL:Datamation
DAT:March, 1982
LOC:169-180

::BOOKLONG:
ANA:Nelson, Theodor H.
ATL:Replacing the Printed Word:  A Complete Literary System
MTL:Information Processing 80
AMR:editor
MOA:S.H. Lavington
LOC:1013-1023
PUB:North-Holland Publishing Co.
DAT:IFIO 1980

::JOURNALS:
ANA:Newell, A., McCracken, Donald L., Robertson, G., and Akscyn, R.
ATL:ZOG and the USS CARL VINSON
MTL:Computer Science Research Review
DAT:1981
LOC:95-118

::BOOKLONG:
ANA:Nguyen, L. T., and Greenes, R. A.
ATL:A Framework for the Use of Computed Links in the EXPLORER-1 Knowledge Manage
ment System
MTL:MEDINFO 86, IFIP-IMIA
AMR:Editors
MOA:Salamon, R., Blum, B., and Jorgensen, M.
LOC:891-894
PLP:North-Holland
PUB:Elsevier Science Publishers B.V.
DAT:1986

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Oren, Tim
ATL:The Architecture of Hypertexts
MTL:Hypertext '87 Papers
PLM:Chapel Hill, NC
DMT:November 13-15
DAT:1987

::BOOKLONG:
ANA:Palay, Andrew J., and Fox, Mark S.
ATL:Browsing through databases
MTL:Information Retrieval Research
AMR:editors
MOA:Oddy, R. N. et al.
PLP:London
PUB:Butterworths
DAT:1981

::REPORT:
ANA:Pasquier, Jacques
MTL:The Method and Model Base of the Electronic Book: Markov Chains and Reliabil
ity Modelling
PUB:Institute for Automation and Operations Research
PLP:University of Fribourg (Switzerland)
STL:Technical Report
DAT:June 1986

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Pontecorvo, Michael S.
ATL:A Hypermedia Multiple Perspective Mechanism
MTL:Hypertext '87 Papers
PLM:Chapel Hill, NC
DMT:November 13-15
DAT:1987

::JOURNALS:
ANA:Ragland, Craig
ATL:Hypertext, Hypermedia, and the Macintosh
MTL:MacA.P.P.L.E.
DAT:August, 1987

::DISSERTATION:
ANA:Ramakrishna, K.
ATL:Schematization as an Aid to Organizing ZOG Information Nets
PUB:Computer Science Department, Carnegie-Mellon University
DAT:1981

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Raskin, Jef
ATL:The Hype in Hypertext: A Critique
MTL:Hypertext '87 Papers
PLM:Chapel Hill, NC
DMT:November 13-15
DAT:1987

::REPORT:
ANA:Raymond, Darrell R.
MTL:Personal Data Structuring in Videotex
PUB:University of Waterloo, Department of Computer Science Technology
RID:Cs-84-7
DAT:February, 1984

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Raymond, Darrell R., and Tompa, Frank Wm
ATL:Hypertext and the New Oxford English Dictionary
MTL:Hypertext '87 Papers
PLM:Chapel Hill, NC
DMT:November 13-15
DAT:1987

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Reitman, W., Roberts, R., Sauvain, R., Wheeler, D., and Lynn, W.
ATL:AUTONOTE - A Personal Information Storage and Retrieval System
MTL:Proceedings of the 24th National Conference of the ACM
DAT:1969

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Remde, Joel R., Gomez, Louis M., and Landauer, Thomas K.
ATL:SuperBook: An Automatic Tool for Information Exploration-Hypertext?
MTL:Hypertext '87 Papers
PLM:Chapel Hill, NC
DMT:November 13-15
DAT:1987

::JOURNALS:
ANA:Rittel, H., and Webber, M.
ATL:Dilemmas in a General Theory of Planning
MTL:Policy Sciences
VID:4
DAT:1973

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Robertson, C. K., McCracken, Donald L., and Newell, A.
ATL:Experimental Evaluation of the ZOG Frame Editor
MTL:Proceedings of the 7th Canadian Man-Computer Communications Conference
DAT:June, 1981

::REPORT:
ANA:Robertson, C. K., McCracken, Donald L., and Newell, A.
MTL:The ZOG Approach to Man-Machine Communication
PUB:Department of Computer Science, Carnegie-Mellon University
PLP:Pittsburgh, PA
STL:Technical Report
RID:CMU-CS-79-148
DAT:October 1979

::BOOKLONG:
ANA:Russell, D. M., Moran, T. P., and Jordan, D. S.
ATL:The Instructional Design Environment
MTL:Intelligent Tutoring Systems: Lessons Learned
AMR:editors
MOA:Psotka, J., Massey, L. D., and Mutter, S. A.
PLP:Hillsdale, NJ
PUB:Lawrence Erlbaum Associates
DAT:in press

::REPORT:
ANA:Schatz, B. R.
MTL:Telesophy: A System for Browsing and Sharing Inside a Large Information Spac
PUB:Bell Communications Research
PLP:Morristown, NJ
RID:TM-ARH-006-094
DAT:September 1986

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Schneiderman, Ben
ATL:User Interface Design for the Hyperties Electronic Encyclopedia
MTL:Hypertext '87 Papers
PLM:Chapel Hill, NC
DMT:November 13-15
DAT:1987

::REPORT:
ANA:Schneiderman, Ben
MTL:User interface design and evaluation for an electronic encyclopedia
PUB:Department of Computer Science, University of Maryland
PLP:College Park, MD
RID:CS-TR-1819
DAT:March, 1987

::REPORT:
ANA:Schneiderman, Ben, Shafer, Philip, Simon, Roland, and Weldon, Linda
MTL:Display Strategies for Program Browsing: Concepts and an Experiment
PUB:Department of Compuer Science, University of Maryland
PLP:College Park, MD
RID:CAR-TR-192, CS-TR-1635
DAT:1986

::JOURNALS:
ANA:Seybold, Jonathan B.
ATL:Tymshare's Augment:  Heralding a New Era
MTL:Seybold Report on Word Processing
VID:1
IID:9
DAT:October 1978
LOC:1-16

::JOURNALS:
ANA:Shapiro, E.
ATL:A First Look at Dayflo
MTL:Byte
VID:9
IID:3
DAT:March 1984
LOC:81-86

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Shasha, Dennis
ATL:NetBook-A Data Model to Support Knowledge Exploration
MTL:Proceedings of the Eleventh International Conference on Very Large Data Base
PLM:Stockholm
DAT:August, 1985

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Shasha, Dennis
ATL:When Does Non-linear Text Help?
MTL:Proceedings of the Expert Database Systems Conference
DMT:1986
DAT:1986

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Smith, John B., Weiss, Stephen P., and Ferguson, Gordon J.
ATL:A Hypertext Writing Environment and its Cognitive Basis
MTL:Hypertext '87 Papers
PLM:Chapel Hill, NC
DMT:November 13-15
DAT:1987

::REPORT:
ANA:Smith, John B., Weiss, Stephen F., Ferguson, Gordon J., Bolter, Jay David, L
ansam, M., and Beard, D. V.
MTL:WE: A Writing Environment for Professionals
PUB:University of North Carolina, Department of Computer Science
PLP:Chapel Hill, NC
RID:86-025
DAT:August, 1986

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Smith, Karen E., and Zdonik, Stanley B.
ATL:Intermedia: A Case Study of the Differences Between Relational and Object-Or
iented Database Systems
MTL:Proceedings of the Conference on Object-Oriented Programming Systems, Langua
ges, and Applications (OOPSLA '87)
PLM:Orlando, FL
DMT:October 4-8
DAT:1987

::BOOKLONG:
ANA:Smith, L. C.
ATL:'Memex' as an Image Potentiality in Information Retrieval Research and Devel
opment
MTL:Information Retrieval Research
AMR:editors
MOA:Oddy, R. N. et al.
LOC:345-369
PLP:London
PUB:Butterworths
DAT:1981

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Smolensky, Paul, Bell, Brigham, Fox, Barbara, King, Roger, and Lewis, Clayto
ATL:Constraint-based Hypertext for Argumentation
MTL:Hypertext '87 Papers
PLM:Chapel Hill, NC
DMT:November 13-15
DAT:1987

::JOURNALS:
ANA:Stefik, M., Foster, G., Bobrow, D. G., Kahn, K. M., Lanning, S., and Suchman
, Lucy
ATL:Beyond the Chalkboard: Using Computers to Support Collaboration and Problem
Solving in Meetings
MTL:Communications of the ACM
VID:30
IID:1
DAT:1986

::JOURNALS:
ANA:Svibely, J. R., and Smith, J. W.
ATL:A Prototypic Hypertext Information System for Pathologist
MTL:Informatics in Pathology
VID:1
DAT:1986
LOC:133-142

::REPORT:
ANA:Tanguay, David A.
MTL:A General System for Managing Videotex Information Structures
PUB:University of Waterloo, Department of Computer Science Technology
RID:CS-86-23
DAT:June 1986

::JOURNALS:
ANA:Thompson, Bev, and Thompson, Bill
ATL:Hyping Text: Hypertext and Knowledge Representation
MTL:AI Expert
DAT:August, 1987
LOC:25-28

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Thorsen, Linda J., and Bernstein, Mark
ATL:Developing Dynamic Documents:  Special Challenges for Technical Communicator
MTL:Proceedings of the 34th International Technical Communications Conference
PLM:Denver, CO
DAT:1987

::JOURNALS:
ANA:Thursh, D., Mabry, F., and Levy, A. H.
ATL:Computers and Videodiscs in Pathology Education: ECLIPS as an Example of One
 Approach
MTL:Human Pathlology
VID:17
DAT:1986
LOC:216-218

::JOURNALS:
ANA:Thursh, D., and Mabry, F.
ATL:A Knowledge-Based System for Pathology Education
MTL:Bulletin of Pathology Education
VID:6
IID:2
DAT:Fall 1980
LOC:36-45

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Thursh, D., and Mabry, F.
ATL:A knowledge-based hypertext of pathology
MTL:Proceedings of the Fourth Annual Symposium on Computer Applications in Medic
al Care
DAT:1980

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Thursh, D., Mabry, F., and Levy, A. H.
ATL:The Knowledge Access, Management, and Extension System in Pathology
AMR:editors
MOA:A. H. Levy, and B. T. Williams
MTL:Proceedings of the AAMSI Congress
DAT:1985

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Tompa, Frank Wm
ATL:Retrieving data through Telidon
MTL:Proceedings CIPS
DAT:1982

::BOOKLONG:
ANA:Tompa, Frank Wm, Gecsei, Jan, and Bochmann, Gregor V.
ATL:Alternative Database Facilities for Videotex
MTL:The Telidon Book
AMR:editors
MOA:Godfrey, D., and Chang, E.
PUB:Press Porcepic
DAT:1981

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Tou, F., Williams, M., Fikes, R., Henderson, D. A., and Malone, T.
ATL:RABBIT: An Intelligent Database Assistant
MTL:Proceedings of the American Association for Artificial Intelligence
PLM:Pittsburgh
DMT:August 16-20
DAT:1982

::DISSERTATION:
ANA:Trigg, Randall H.
ATL:A Networked-based Approach to Text Handling for the On-line Scientific Commu
nity
PUB:University of Maryland
DAT:1983

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Trigg, Randall H., and Irish, Peggy M.
ATL:Hypertext Habitats: Experiences of Writers in NoteCards
MTL:Hypertext '87 Papers
PLM:Chapel Hill, NC
DMT:November 13-15
DAT:1987

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Trigg, Randall H., Moran, T. P., and Halasz, Frank G.
ATL:Adaptibility and Tailorability in NoteCards
MTL:Proceedings of INTERACT '87
PLM:Stuttgart, West Germany
DAT:1987

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Trigg, Randall H., Suchman, Lucy, and Halasz, Frank G.
ATL:Supporting Colaboration in NoteCards
MTL:Computer-Supported Cooperative Work (CSCW '86) Proceedings
PLM:Austin, TX
DMT:December 3-5
DAT:1986

::JOURNALS:
ANA:Trigg, Randall H., and Weiser, M.
ATL:TEXTNET:  A Network-Based Approach to Text Handling
MTL:ACM Transactions on Office Information Systems
VID:4
IID:1
DAT:January, 1986
LOC:1-23

::BOOKSHORT:
MOA:van Dam, Andries
MTL:FRESS (File Retrieval and Editing System)
PLP:Barrington, RI
PUB:Text Systems
DAT:July 1971

::BOOKLONG:
ANA:van Dam, Andries, and Rice, D. E.
ATL:Computers and Publishing:  Writing, Editing and Printing
MTL:Advances in Computers
PLP:New York
PUB:Academic Press
DAT:1970

::JOURNALS:
ANA:van Dam, Andries, and Rice, D. E.
ATL:On-Line Text Editing:  A Survey
MTL:Computing Surveys
VID:3
IID:3
DAT:September 1971
LOC:93-114

::REPORT:
ANA:VanLehn, K.
MTL:Theory Reform Caused by an Argumentation Tool
PUB:Xerox Palo Alto Research Center
RID:ISL-11
DAT:1985

::REPORT:
ANA:Walker, D.
MTL:Knowledge Resource Tools for Accessing Large Text Files
PUB:Bell Communications Research
RID:85-21233-25
DAT:1985

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Walker, Janet H.
ATL:Document Examiner: Delivery Interface for Hypertext Documents
MTL:Hypertext '87 Papers
PLM:Chapel Hill, NC
DMT:November 13-15

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Walker, Janet H.
ATL:The Document Editor:  A Support Environment for Preparing Technical Document
MTL:Proceedings of the ACM SIGPLAN/SIGOA Conference on Text Manipulation
DAT:June 1981

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Walker, Janet H.
ATL:Symbolics Sage: A Documentation Support System
MTL:Intellectual Leverage: The Driving Technologies, IEEE Spring Compcon84
DAT:1984

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Walker, Janet H., and Bryan, R. L.
ATL:An Editor for Structured Technical Documents
MTL:Protext IV

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Weyer, Steven A.
ATL:As We May Learn
MTL:Multimedia in Education: Interfaces to Knowledge- Education Advisory Council
 Conference Proceedings
DAT:April 1987

::JOURNALS:
ANA:Weyer, Steven A.
ATL:The Design of a Dynamic Book for Information Search
MTL:International Journal of Man-Machine Studies
VID:17
DAT:1982
LOC:87-107

::REPORT:
ANA:Weyer, Steven A.
MTL:Searching for Information in a Dynamic Book
PUB:Xerox Palo Alto Research Center
PLP:Palo Alto, CA
RID:Report SCG-1
DAT:February 1982

::JOURNALS:
ANA:Weyer, Steven A., and Borning, Alan
ATL:A Prototype Electronic Encyclopedia
MTL:ACM Transactions on Office Information Systems
VID:3
IID:1
DAT:January 1985
LOC:66-88

::CONFPROC:
ANA:White, J. E.
ATL:A High-Level Framework for Network-based Resource Sharing
MTL:AFIPS Proceedings, National Computer Conference
DAT:1976

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Wilder, H. A., and Maxemchuck, N. F.
ATL:Virtual Editing:  II.  The User Interface
MTL:Proceedings of SIGOA Conference Office Automation Systems
PLM:Philadelphia, PA
DMT:June 21-23
DAT:1982

::REPORT:
ANA:Wilson, K. S.
MTL:Palenque: An Interactive Multimedia Optical Disk Prototype for Children
PUB:Bank Street College of Education, Center for Children and Technology
PLP:New York
STL:Technical Report
RID:#2
DAT:1987

::BOOKLONG:
ANA:Woods, William A.
ATL:What's in a Link:  Foundations for Semantic Networks
MTL:Readings in Knowledge Representation
AMR:editors
MOA:Brachman, Ronald J., and Levesque, Hector J.
PLP:Los Altos, CA
PUB:Morgan Kaufmann
DAT:1975

::CONFPROC:
ANA:Yankelovich, Nicole et al.
ATL:The Sampler Companion: Four Educational Software Samples
MTL:Proceedings of Frontiers in Education Fifth Annual Conference
PLM:Golden, CO
DMT:October 19-22
DAT:1985

::JOURNALS:
ANA:Yankelovich, Nicole, Hann, Bernard, and Meyrowitz, Norman
ATL:Intermedia: The Concept and the Construction of a Seamless Information Envir
onment
MTL:IEEE Computer
DAT:January 1988

::REPORT:
ANA:Yankelovich, Nicole, Landow, George P., and Heywood, Peter
MTL:Designing Hypermedia 'Ideabases'-The Intermedia Experience
PUB:Institute for Research in Information and Scholarship, Brown University
PLP:Providence, RI
STL:IRIS Technical Report
RID:87-4
DAT:1987

::JOURNALS:
ANA:Yankelovich, Nicole, Meyrowitz, Norman, and van Dam, Andries
ATL:Reading and Writing the Electronic Book
MTL:IEEE Computer
VID:18
IID:10
DAT:October 1985
LOC:15-30

::REPORT:
ANA:Yankelovich, Nicole, and van Dam, Andries
MTL:Spinning Scholarly Webs: The Annenberg/CPB Project Report to Higher Educatio
PUB:The Annenberg/CPB Project
PLP:Washington, D.C.
DAT:1987

::JOURNALS: